• 2,001 - 2,500
    • 2,501 - 3,000
    • 3,001 - 3,500
    • 3,501 - 4,000
    • 4,001 - 4,500
    • 4,501 - 5,000
    • 5,001 or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/19 at 14:00

Bizarre for both teams but likewise neither team won or lost due to the referee, Bullmania while you might not be blaming the ref Mr Kear is certainly hinting at it. I must've seen about 400 games of live rugby now and there's only 2 which I think of where in my opinion the result came down to refereeing decisions.

This is another game I'd love to see in full, not just highlights. Also would like to know what Bradford's 'beef' (geddit?!) with a York player being subbed for a head injury is. The injured player (Liam Salter) walked past us on the way to the 1st aid box, blood pouring out of his nose and down his shirt, Connor Robinson has said his nose was broken. How exactly is that not a head injury?! 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Bizarre for both teams but likewise neither team won or lost due to the referee, Bullmania while you might not be blaming the ref Mr Kear is certainly hinting at it. I must've seen about 400 games of live rugby now and there's only 2 which I think of where in my opinion the result came down to refereeing decisions.

This is another game I'd love to see in full, not just highlights. Also would like to know what Bradford's 'beef' (geddit?!) with a York player being subbed for a head injury is. The injured player (Liam Salter) walked past us on the way to the 1st aid box, blood pouring out of his nose and down his shirt, Connor Robinson has said his nose was broken. How exactly is that not a head injury?! 

Times I know a ref effected a result was the magic weekend when the full Leeds team was offside. Last weekend when the pass for the equalising try was forward. Our game against Widnes where the Widnes player dived. Hat goes off to all offcials the crowd from either team one stage is always on there back so many stuff to look for linesmen never really help him. I could never do it I'll just stick to playing and watching.

I didn't agree with that or the comments after what kear made about it. The way it was bleeding Connor saying it's a broken nose could only be that. Any player that steps off that pitch injured regardless what badge they have should only ever be applauded. After the swinton shambles kear said every player should be worried been dropped he dropped the usual 3.

Tbh the ref wasn't good but he was better than some of the whistlers we've had this year. Which is damning with faint praise...

Absolute belter of a game today, fair do's to bradford they probably played the better rugby for spells today, but we are the mighty mighty Kneets, so we won!

Kaboom!!

2 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

Tbh the ref wasn't good but he was better than some of the whistlers we've had this year. Which is damning with faint praise...

Absolute belter of a game today, fair do's to bradford they probably played the better rugby for spells today, but we are the mighty mighty Kneets, so we won!

Kaboom!!

Upset to of lost but what a match both had spells on top. Both sets players felt the pressure at times in that game. When you when 24-14 up I thought where on for 40 against us here. Then we scored york was all at sea holding on for there life's. End to end back and forth game we came up from league one together and we created a championship thriller. 

The matches between the two teams are so close and we should embrace this rivalry has a great one seems we do bring the best out off each other. Let's get bradford sneaking the play offs and have another crack at you at your place this season infront of over 5000.

if we don't make it fly the flag in the play offs for last years league one teams.

28 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Upset to of lost but what a match both had spells on top. Both sets players felt the pressure at times in that game. When you when 24-14 up I thought where on for 40 against us here. Then we scored york was all at sea holding on for there life's. End to end back and forth game we came up from league one together and we created a championship thriller. 

The matches between the two teams are so close and we should embrace this rivalry has a great one seems we do bring the best out off each other. Let's get bradford sneaking the play offs and have another crack at you at your place this season infront of over 5000.

if we don't make it fly the flag in the play offs for last years league one teams.

Best post of the thread so far.

Googled Telegraph and Argus to see what had been written. What sort of small-minded sad individual could write such drivel? It's always someone else's fault, poor officials, opposition gamesmanship, international conspiracy against him. Face it man, you lost. Take it on the chin  and move on. Pathetic whingeing does no credit to you, your team or the very game itself. Buy Kane Williamson a beer, learn how to confront adversity and how to lose gracefully.  0nanist.

The telegrafnRRgus explain why bulls need a new coach.....

"There were angry scenes on the touchline with Kear convinced that York had played the system.

He said: “Their guy goes down behind the posts and York have used all their interchanges with 13 minutes to go.

“He walks to the sideline and then all of a sudden the doctor runs down and starts signalling for a head knock.

“If we’re going to abuse processes like that then we might as well not have them. It’s poor.

“Maybe we need independent doctors to decide which is a head knock and which isn’t. Then perhaps interchanges will be used a little more conservatively.

“I think the RFL have got to really have a look at that.

“We were saying to the players ‘stay in the grind’. They had used all their interchanges, so you stay working at it.

“We had one up our sleeves because perhaps we played the game to the laws.

“It was a tough game. York base their games on completions, grinds and working you down and they do that very well.

“But it annoys me when the laws are bent like that.”

Kear added: “I think the best team lost, the team that played the most rugby and created the most chances.

“York had the majority of the possession – I think if we’d had as much ball as the opposition, we’d have come away with the win.

“Five tries to four perhaps tells you that but the scoreboard shows that York have won.”

.....only bit of sense in there are the last 3 words!!

47 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

The telegrafnRRgus explain why bulls need a new coach.....

"There were angry scenes on the touchline with Kear convinced that York had played the system.

He said: “Their guy goes down behind the posts and York have used all their interchanges with 13 minutes to go.

“He walks to the sideline and then all of a sudden the doctor runs down and starts signalling for a head knock.

“If we’re going to abuse processes like that then we might as well not have them. It’s poor.

“Maybe we need independent doctors to decide which is a head knock and which isn’t. Then perhaps interchanges will be used a little more conservatively.

“I think the RFL have got to really have a look at that.

“We were saying to the players ‘stay in the grind’. They had used all their interchanges, so you stay working at it.

“We had one up our sleeves because perhaps we played the game to the laws.

“It was a tough game. York base their games on completions, grinds and working you down and they do that very well.

“But it annoys me when the laws are bent like that.”

Kear added: “I think the best team lost, the team that played the most rugby and created the most chances.

“York had the majority of the possession – I think if we’d had as much ball as the opposition, we’d have come away with the win.

“Five tries to four perhaps tells you that but the scoreboard shows that York have won.”

.....only bit of sense in there are the last 3 words!!

What a sad pathetic person he is.

Not too sure what the official attendance was yesterday. League Express and the game caller had it as 4554, whereas the Press have it as 4007. Either way, great credit and support from both clubs. But, one would be a record and the other not quite.?

Lovely doubly, you can say what you want Kear the points are ours had your drop goal gone over you would have been milking all the praise and rightly so, it was an immense effort by Lilley, had it gone over you would have won but it didn't ? never gracious in defeat Mr Kear done the double over you now great ain't it .

WELL DONE MIGHT KNEETS                                                                                                                                                    

James Ford has had a few things to say about referees - show me a coach who hasn’t - but the one thing he has is humility, shaking opposition players hands, applauding the opposition fans. I’d like to say Uncle John could learn a few things but I think he’s well past that stage.

If you think the T and A reads badly, listen to Kears' interview on you tube. Absolutely cringeworthy  If anybody can do the link it is worth the listen.

Also, where has this 'hooter went early' thing come from? I doubt very much the hooter did go too soon, but even if there were 20 seconds still to play, Bradford would have had to go the full length of the field on 1 tackle. Sour grapes really does not even enter the equation.

1 minute ago, HaxbyKnight said:

If you think the T and A reads badly, listen to Kears' interview on you tube. Absolutely cringeworthy  If anybody can do the link it is worth the listen.

Also, where has this 'hooter went early' thing come from? I doubt very much the hooter did go too soon, but even if there were 20 seconds still to play, Bradford would have had to go the full length of the field on 1 tackle. Sour grapes really does not even enter the equation.

The hooter thing came from gamecaller I don't know why anyone is taking what he says we had chances to win the game didn't take it game was over end off.

41 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

https://audioboom.com/posts/7321616-john-kear-post-match-thoughts-bradford-bulls-24-vs-25-york-city-knights?fbclid=IwAR0J9L-bSQWG3X6mSS-TPiBAV8HbylBxXCsncP9qAkutUw0d-zixhtBbZz0

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Bullmania said:

The hooter thing came from gamecaller I don't know why anyone is taking what he says we had chances to win the game didn't take it game was over end off.

Thanks for that, for a minute I thought it had come from a one eyed, blinkered Bradford supporter.

we beat you at home

we beat you away

when we play once more

we'll beat you again

STOP CRYING JOHN KEAR
Stop crying your eyes out

Archived