Toulouse

mickhornet

Toulouse has a few key players missing, but more than enough talent/speed to cause any team problems. To keep it close, we will have to control Ford’s mercurial distribution talents and prepare well, especially defensively, for a Toulouse side that has faltered too many times recently.  Good luck - a lot!

Sadly, not very good....Hornets 0-32 down at HT....6 tries conceded; 2 lots of 3 each lot within 5/9 mins - a familiar story, alas.

Hopefully much, much tighter or ?

Final score 68-0 another 6 tries conceded. ? TO had 67% possession & of course are a full-time, seasoned outfit.  Only 3 penalties against us & we conceded 70 points last season, but scoring 14 points. Not getting any easier for the lads - only Fev away next week!

Beyond embarrassing. Second time to be niled this season. 

We went to France only second game of season and gave them a game for 50-60 minutes before being beaten by the fitness (in my opinion). Obviously gone backwards and I can respect reasonings for that to be honest but... anyone still thinks calland is the right man for the job must be kidding themselves. 

4 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

A full time outfit will always beat part timers.

Not in a very special game in 2016 did they do so, and I guess they are still smarting at our impudence!  That said, it is a huge step-up for some of our players, especially the ex- Mayfield lads.  No excuse, just reality and Toulouse are now being pressured, against expectation, for one one of the top 4 spots.  However, the end of this season cannot come quick enough and I suspect that is a factor too.

38 minutes ago, RLfan99 said:

Beyond embarrassing. Second time to be niled this season. 

We went to France only second game of season and gave them a game for 50-60 minutes before being beaten by the fitness (in my opinion). Obviously gone backwards and I can respect reasonings for that to be honest but... anyone still thinks calland is the right man for the job must be kidding themselves. 

But he’s a Rochdale lad so he must be the man for the job ??

8 minutes ago, Tangle said:

Not always Oldham beat HKR a couple of years ago

Sadly, we played them again the cup the year after that, they gave us a right pasting.  I think what mick hornet meant to say, Tangle, is that  "99 times out of a hundred a full time outfit will beat part timers."  A betting man will always back the full time professionals when playing against part timers.

Today was the worst result of the season so far and its no surprise after watching the game, no direction in attack and no fight in defence.

We never looked like scoring and never threatened their line, on the few occasion we looked like trubbeling them we made sure we didn't with stupid kicks.

In defence we were left pulling at the back of shirts like at York with players running through our line with ease, they never took it out of 3rd gear in the second half and they didn't need to as they were already 32-0 up at times it looked like a training day.

3 hours ago, mickhornet said:

We had a better team though.

And it will not be snowing!  Based on recent performances, we must hope it will be for the remaining fixtures against candidates with all to play for.  A Toronto blizzard could be possible!

Saturday's game "resume" - thankfully 80mins condensed into 6mins.  Dreadful covering/defensive effort to provide TO's first try and not a few others. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVLk7CS49Q

3 hours ago, glemiln said:

And it will not be snowing!  Based on recent performances, we must hope it will be for the remaining fixtures against candidates with all to play for.  A Toronto blizzard could be possible!

Saturday's game "resume" - thankfully 80mins condensed into 6mins.  Dreadful covering/defensive effort to provide TO's first try and not a few others. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVLk7CS49QE

EMBARASSING!!!

Archived