Georgina Griffins

I just wonder who they're going to play. Their schedule lists nothing but practices, and it's hard to maintain enthusiasm when all you're doing is practicing. I hope they have enough to at least play intrasquad games

Keswick is a terrific town for anybody thinking of visiting,perhaps for a friendly game. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and actually had a pint at Keswick RUFC.

The town is quite pro league,as I found a b&b with a couple of Hull FC supporters,ended up having breakfast next to a Wigan supporter and the thurs evening game was advertised and shown in 2/3 local pubs.

p.s. by the way rugby union is struggling in Cumbria,as as the Lancs/Cheshire clubsare refusing to travel up for games,so the Cumbria clubs are really just playing amongst themselves.

54 minutes ago, cookey said:

Keswick is a terrific town for anybody thinking of visiting,perhaps for a friendly game. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and actually had a pint at Keswick RUFC.

The town is quite pro league,as I found a b&b with a couple of Hull FC supporters,ended up having breakfast next to a Wigan supporter and the thurs evening game was advertised and shown in 2/3 local pubs.

p.s. by the way rugby union is struggling in Cumbria,as as the Lancs/Cheshire clubsare refusing to travel up for games,so the Cumbria clubs are really just playing amongst themselves.

Well it is a long way to travel!

9 hours ago, TIWIT said:

I just wonder who they're going to play. Their schedule lists nothing but practices, and it's hard to maintain enthusiasm when all you're doing is practicing. I hope they have enough to at least play intrasquad games

That is always a major struggle in setting up a club in a completely new area. In many ways setting up the club is the easy bit but you do then need other clubs to play against and like-minded people doing the same elsewhere.

4 hours ago, cookey said:

Bit of a random post that isn’t it?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived