Pont and Cas Express

Blue Pike

I’ve never bought a paper for ten years as I seek my info through the internet .Whilst waiting for my hair cutting in O Rileys Barbers ( recommend it ) I read the p&Cas express and was pleased to see that it covered both Fev and Cas in equal measures which was totally biasedly different ten years ago.Well done to our local journalists and might consider buying it from now on.

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

I’ve never bought a paper for ten years as I seek my info through the internet .Whilst waiting for my hair cutting in O Rileys Barbers ( recommend it ) I read the p&Cas express and was pleased to see that it covered both Fev and Cas in equal measures which was totally biasedly different ten years ago.Well done to our local journalists and might consider buying it from now on.

What at £1.30?!!

As I have said before my old Mum bless her used to send me the Express through to Egypt when I was on active service so I could keep up with the Rovers games and Information. That was in the 1950's and I still get it weekly. I also go to the obituary column as quite a few friend are passing away for funeral details. Local details are in local papers and quite a bit of information is not available elsewhere. I agree about the Wakefield Express, some cover there for their locals on Fev should be included.

6 hours ago, jamescolin said:

As I have said before my old Mum bless her used to send me the Express through to Egypt when I was on active service so I could keep up with the Rovers games and Information. That was in the 1950's and I still get it weekly. I also go to the obituary column as quite a few friend are passing away for funeral details. Local details are in local papers and quite a bit of information is not available elsewhere. I agree about the Wakefield Express, some cover there for their locals on Fev should be included.

The Normanton edition of the Wakefield Express doesn't even cover Cas games, when Normy has just as many Cas fans as Wakey. I think the reason is they hope they will buy the Pont & Cas as well. In today's day and age when you can pick up most of the news off the web page I don't think it's going to happen?

One point of interest, do the Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express feature Fev at all? When Pat Cluskey came as CEO a few years ago we discussed this and he said he would explore promoting the club more to the South of Ackworth. Don't know if any progress has been made though?

It's good to know that the Ponte and Cas still has decent coverage of Fev. My memories of reading it are 30 years ago as a kid, at which point it seemed fairly balanced between the two local clubs. 

My current local rag is the Halifax Courier. Fev unsurprisingly don't get much of a mention, but neither do Fax compared to that giant of sport, Halifax Town. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived