Pyro problem

Again at the saints Wigan game there was pyro being set off in the stands. It seems to be a familiar issue at the games now. Someone even thought it would be a good idea to throw one into the dual carriageway of the Steve Prescott Bridge. This needs a zero tolerance approach from the clubs as there is simply no need for it. 

Screenshot_20190713_202658.jpg

31 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Seems to be a regular problem, wire fans have a problem away from home and I witnessed saints and Widnes and Wigan all doing it, needs clubs to be clamping down on it.

Funnily enough it seems to always be when teams are playing away. There was a chap who got burned from one being thrown a couple of weeks back in the Saints end at Wire. The club put out a press release but the thing that hacks me off is they only did that because someone got hurt (thankfully not seriously). Seen it quite a few times on TV at other grounds too. It needs sorting.

The frustrating thing is that it seems to happen on a regular basis with certain Wigan fans at away games and yet as far as I'm aware the club hasn't made any comment on it at all.

The small moronic minority of our fans are probably the worst for stuff like this and it's presumably because the club just does absolutely nothing about it, therefore they clearly tolerate it.

I was stood down wind of the smoke bomb and because it's a roofed stand all the smoke just built up and traveled into the corner of the stands. Anyone with asthma or other respiratory issues would have been at risk and there's the obvious risk of someone getting burned too.

Juvenile behaviour but unless clubs take it seriously they aren't going to stop.

18 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

The frustrating thing is that it seems to happen on a regular basis with certain Wigan fans at away games and yet as far as I'm aware the club hasn't made any comment on it at all.

The small moronic minority of our fans are probably the worst for stuff like this and it's presumably because the club just does absolutely nothing about it, therefore they clearly tolerate it.

I was stood down wind of the smoke bomb and because it's a roofed stand all the smoke just built up and traveled into the corner of the stands. Anyone with asthma or other respiratory issues would have been at risk and there's the obvious risk of someone getting burned too.

Juvenile behaviour but unless clubs take it seriously they aren't going to stop.

I think most clubs have them and it tends to be on.away trips where a few beers have been had. Clubs do need to clamp down on this stuff though as there is a risk of needing more segregation, stewarding and set family areas.

Archived