Notice

Not a rant or by any means designed to be a thread to knock Toronto, but has anyone else noticed the state of the concrete in the stadium that Toronto play in, I first noticed where the players come out onto the pitch there is a huge crack in the wall (Right hand side) and where the crush barriers have been fitted huge lumps of concrete have fallen off, I'm sure this would have to be addressed in the UK.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not a rant or by any means designed to be a thread to knock Toronto, but has anyone else noticed the state of the concrete in the stadium that Toronto play in, I first noticed where the players come out onto the pitch there is a huge crack in the wall (Right hand side) and where the crush barriers have been fitted huge lumps of concrete have fallen off, I'm sure this would have to be addressed in the UK.

Have you never been to watch a game at Whitehaven??? - Toronto's ground is like Wembley in comparison......???

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Have you been to Wheldon Road or Belle Vue recently?

I swear there's a barrier at the railway end of the former that has been taped off for at least 4 years. 

They have been isolated then ?

Cryptic thread title!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, Marauder said:

The ground is owned by the local authority, they are responsible for its maintenance, not Toronto Wolfpack.

This is yet another poor attempt to criticise Toronto, plenty of clubs have played in poor stadiums for 100+ years and done nothing about it.

Personally I think Lamport is a great little RL ground.

4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The ground is owned by the local authority, they are responsible for its maintenance, not Toronto Wolfpack.

This is yet another poor attempt to criticise Toronto, plenty of clubs have played in poor stadiums for 100+ years and done nothing about it.

Is that through actual first hand expierence i.e. have you been?

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

No it isn't an attempt to criticise Toronto at all, It was an observation I noticed whilst watching the game on TV and I'm sure the poor grounds that have been mentioned come up to standards with the HSE in this country, can I suggest watching the Toronto game and take notice of the crack in the concrete were the players come out, it looks a fair old crack. 

14 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well it hasnt changed since I played there marra so assuming it's as you last saw it - Awful ground.

Early 90's me and I don't think much would have changed but aren't they going to be spending a sum of money on it soon.

21 minutes ago, Marauder said:

No it isn't an attempt to criticise Toronto at all, It was an observation I noticed whilst watching the game on TV and I'm sure the poor grounds that have been mentioned come up to standards with the HSE in this country, can I suggest watching the Toronto game and take notice of the crack in the concrete were the players come out, it looks a fair old crack. 

Its a good new pitch...just got a new clock...great location.  Ya, the stadium has a few cracks but nothing that serious that a simple renew would not fix...they are probably waiting for SL before any cash is spent.  The climate over here is tough on outside structures due to the elements but the place is a solid concrete bunker...like a middle aged woman putting in some filler over a few cracks and VOLIA!....back to where she once was!

The structure is old but perfectly square and straight,,,very solid (and yes I was a concrete man for a number of years and know how to use that vibrator while pouring walls).

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

There are plenty of people on here who have devoted an unseen amount of time hoping that cracks will appear at Toronto. Don't give them anything else to work with ? 

Toronto are in the system for their third seasons I believe, so they're not a problem, I do worry about the push to bring two or three more such sides into the fold, I just don't believe we have a playing pool of a standard that will maintain the standards of the present day.

9 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Toronto are in the system for their third seasons I believe, so they're not a problem, I do worry about the push to bring two or three more such sides into the fold, I just don't believe we have a playing pool of a standard that will maintain the standards of the present day.

I agree with this in part. However, the only way to make the player pool swell ultimately is to normalise RL in as many places as possible, and to make it exciting for boys and girls to want to pick up a rugby ball. When I was a kid I couldn't have dreamed of playing professional games in Southern France or North America. I used to get pumped about an away trip to Cumbria.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Oh, so your opening post about the concrete was just a foil to launch another round of anti-Wolfpack concerns?

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is that through actual first hand expierence i.e. have you been?

*Puts hand up*

Sir! Sir! Sir!

I've been there and have actual first hand experience! Lamport is a great little RL ground! Perfect location, five nearby pubs, beer garden, multiple public transit routes (bus, tram, train), beer garden, perfect size for today's fan base, easy to walk around, beer garden, and a new scoreboard!

I must say, complaining about the concrete is a new level of moaning. We do have Elf and Safety here in Canada, you know.

20 minutes ago, Loup said:

Oh, so your opening post about the concrete was just a foil to launch another round of anti-Wolfpack concerns?

Find where I've LAUNCHED any attack on Toronto, I have if you check aired my concerns of other clubs joining so shortly afterwards because our playing pool isn't large enough to bear two or three more clubs at this standard, now address my concern of the cracks (very large cracks) in the concrete.

17 minutes ago, Loup said:

*Puts hand up*

Sir! Sir! Sir!

I've been there and have actual first hand experience! Lamport is a great little RL ground! Perfect location, five nearby pubs, beer garden, multiple public transit routes (bus, tram, train), beer garden, perfect size for today's fan base, easy to walk around, beer garden, and a new scoreboard!

I must say, complaining about the concrete is a new level of moaning. We do have Elf and Safety here in Canada, you know.

Moaning or concerned about the structure, I'm glad the pubs, trams and new scoreboard are excellent.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

I agree with this in part. However, the only way to make the player pool swell ultimately is to normalise RL in as many places as possible, and to make it exciting for boys and girls to want to pick up a rugby ball. When I was a kid I couldn't have dreamed of playing professional games in Southern France or North America. I used to get pumped about an away trip to Cumbria.

This is where the RFL went wrong when they scrapped the development officers, building from the top down isn't a good idea IMO

49 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Find where I've LAUNCHED any attack on Toronto, I have if you check aired my concerns of other clubs joining so shortly afterwards because our playing pool isn't large enough to bear two or three more clubs at this standard, now address my concern of the cracks (very large cracks) in the concrete.

It’s a fair point you Make but I think the response you’ve got is due to the a number of people who can’t do anything but be negative about Toronto (there was yet another post on the Championship thread about the crowd there and atmosphere, for example even though neatly 8k were there) and it gets a bit dull. 

Archived