Calland on camera

The Lad

Nice to see Matt Calland do an intervew after the Toulouse Olympique game couldn't have been easy after that showing  (and you can see on his face it wasn't). I think its important that those interview keep coming as it has become an important part of Hornets over the last three or four years.

Coaching Hornets this year is like being thrown under a bus. Nobody,no matter who they are or how good they`ve been,could turn Hornets around this season. I admire the bloke for taking it on especially after being passed over by Hornets so many times before. As somebody said,the end of the season can`t come quick enough for this sad club.

12 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

Nobody can blame the coach for the current situation, fair play to him coming in when he did.  To be clear I do not blame the previous coach either.

Agreed. 

Last 2 coaches have been giving an impossible job. Going down last year would of been the best thing for us and both coaches would of made a success out of it in my opinion. 

Yes the gap is wider than most imagine.  Hornets going to Widnes and giving it a real dig and then backing it up by facing another full time outfit at home and capitulating.  Compare and contrast that with a Div 1 scenario Coventry at home and Oldham away I feel this Hornets team would be 4 points from 4.  Attendance wise Coventry or Toulouse wouldn't be much in it.

Our win/lose ratio in League 1 should hopefully be higher in the former.  Unless the RFL change relegation to one down only (as rumoured) to accommodate Ottawa in the Championship, probably one of Barrow, Dewsbury or Batley will join us. We could lose Oldham and Haven to the Championship - the former a significant dent in our gate revenue. Given the future uncertainty of life below Super League, my guess is that not a few of the stronger clubs remaining in League 1 will go for broke in 2020. For Hornets it should at least be a better season than this one.

Archived