In our own hands

With the Toronto game behind us, we will still be in the top 5 tonight (albeit on points difference if Bradford beat Swinton as expected).

So it's all now in our hands. We need to

-beat Rochdale, Dewsbury and Swinton in our next 3 games. we'll be favourites for them all, but we have slipped up twice already against teams near the foot of the table.

- go to York and beat them. We've done it twice by wide margins, but this is likely to be a different game altogether at their place, we definitely didn't see the best of York either time.

- beat Batley away.

if we can manage all those, we should hopefully be entering the final game of the season against Toulouse knowing a win will secure 2nd or 3rd place. Leigh will be playing Toronto away that day...they have probably struck really lucky with that (like we did last year) as it will be a meaningless game for Toronto. Leigh have an easy run-in prior to that (possible banana skin at Barrow today, and they face York at home, but they'll be strong favourites for all their games bar Toronto).

The team with the toughest run-in is York - Bradford today, then Barrow away, Toronto away, us at home, Leigh away, Halifax away. They have had a fantastic year but that is a difficult run-in.

What a great competition it has been this season.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

With the Toronto game behind us, we will still be in the top 5 tonight (albeit on points difference if Bradford beat Swinton as expected).

So it's all now in our hands.

agreed but isn't that always the case successful teams have to do it on the pitch

as well as yorks tough fixtures other teams around us have to play each other

bradford play sheffield toronto and york

sheffield play toulouse halifax bradford and widnes and

leigh  play widnes york and toronto  

so some ones going to drop points which is only going to help our push for the top five

1 hour ago, POR said:

agreed but isn't that always the case successful teams have to do it on the pitch

Yes I didn't really explain myself properly, what I meant was that with the "anticipated" loss at Toronto behind us we are still masters of our destiny, whereas last season the Toronto game was the last one of the season and even if we won it our finishing position wasn't in our own hands.

Just think it's a pleasing position for us to be in at this stage of the season given what most of our expectations were back in January.

Plus we've demonstrated we really can win all our playoff games regardless of where we Finnish in the top 5. If not this season, then we will rise within the next 3 seasons, unless they close the shop or bring back some weird S8 formula. 

Well done to the committee in bringing in an unknown coach in Carr. He is doing a cracking job , but as we know the job is far from done. With a fairly reasonable run in he must keep the lads focused, and not on "its only a bottom team this week" dead easy, Ie Barrow and Dewsbury

2 hours ago, haskey said:

Well done to the committee in bringing in an unknown coach in Carr. He is doing a cracking job , but as we know the job is far from done. With a fairly reasonable run in he must keep the lads focused, and not on "its only a bottom team this week" dead easy, Ie Barrow and Dewsbury

Committee? Don't think they've had one of them for years, but i know what you mean. 

On 14/07/2019 at 17:02, haskey said:

Sorry Madrednige, of cause we have not had a committee for years.Brain explosion.

No problem at all but i can recall many committees at Rovers when i was on the supporters club many many moons ago, i had a few run ins with them lol. 

On 14/07/2019 at 17:11, Gareth hock said:

We need to all turn out in force against York massive game . Swinton at home isn’t going to be easy though they seem to be playing well at the moment.

No disrespect to Swinton but if we aspire to be top 2 or even 3 we HAVE to beat them at home (surely we've learnt from the Ram's un Raiders defeats?) It's in our own hands as previously stated. 

4 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

No disrespect to Swinton but if we aspire to be top 2 or even 3 we HAVE to beat them at home (surely we've learnt from the Ram's un Raiders defeats?) It's in our own hands as previously stated. 

Yeah I agree with that but am just stating that it’s not going to be as easy as some people think .

12 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Play like you did at Toronto and 2nd/3rd is yours?I can only see one defeat in your last 6 games and that will come at the Rams ?

You hope ? 

35 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

If we want second, we’ve got to win every match, maybe one loss would see us in 3rd/4th. We certainly can’t afford any slip ups in the matches against teams below us in the table.

Looking at the run in i think Leigh will finish 2nd,but we should with only one more loss make the top five.The last game of the season against Toulouse will probably have a big bearing on our final position.Hope the Club promote it and offer incentives to get as many non regular rugby followers to this vital game.If we can't get 3000/4000 in for that game we are not showing that we are serious Super League contenders.

Teams like Batley Dewsbury and York are not going to roll over on their own grounds. They are very tough away days. Swinton are hitting form drawing with Bradford after beating Toulouse away before that. Then weve got Toulouse at home. Its a difficult run in but likewise the other top five aspirants have some of the same challenges. Its not over yet and thats what makes the championship exciting

11 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Looking at the run in i think Leigh will finish 2nd,but we should with only one more loss make the top five.The last game of the season against Toulouse will probably have a big bearing on our final position.Hope the Club promote it and offer incentives to get as many non regular rugby followers to this vital game.If we can't get 3000/4000 in for that game we are not showing that we are serious Super League contenders.

with no away support that figure looks very difficult to achieve.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

3 hours ago, lingard said:

True, but it ought to be within our control. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

11 hours ago, lingard said:

In similar circemstances York would easily achieve that figure.Hull KR when in the Championship would double it .Leigh would probably pull 5000 plus and Bradford despite their huge Asian population most who have no interest in R.L. would also easily double it.Fax are similar to us at the moment and would probably settle for 3500/4000.

Archived