Brian Ritson RIP

dkw

Terribly sad news this morning  to hear Brian passed away. This is the post town have put on social media, RIP Marra... 

"We’re devastated to let you know that our team manager Brian Ritson passed away earlier today. Bri was Workington Town and his beloved Workington Town was Bri. He leaves a massive hole in our club. 
We send our love to his family and friends. RIP marra. Always in our hearts"

39 minutes ago, dkw said:

Terribly sad news this morning  to hear Brian passed away. This is the post town have put on social media, RIP Marra... 

"We’re devastated to let you know that our team manager Brian Ritson passed away earlier today. Bri was Workington Town and his beloved Workington Town was Bri. He leaves a massive hole in our club. 
We send our love to his family and friends. RIP marra. Always in our hearts"

Terrible news he was a great bloke let's get down to BP today and pay tribute to a great Town servant. Rip Brian. 

Awful news, great servant for the club and he lived and breathed town. Knew him very well amd was a lovely bloke. Nice minutes applause at the start with his family on the pitch 

Rip

Sad sad news. I’ve known Brian for many many years and he has been a great servant to Town. He will be a big miss. RIP Brian

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Only met Brian a couple of times but he was such a friendly and warm character. I think the Twitter thread with lots of former players, coaches and others in rugby league passing their condolences on give an indication of the regard he was held in by others. He will no doubt leave a huge hole in Workington Town,  but more importantly with his loved ones and they all have my sincere sympathies. Hopefully they can take some comfort of how many people have expressed their sorrow and gave a memory of how Brian infected them with his warmth. Rest in Peace to a true Townie.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• 3 months later...

Archived