Nelmes

jroyales

Sad to read that the club have released Nelmes from his contract.

He was the perfect replacement for Ward and we don't now have any impact forwards coming off the bench. It was interesting to read SN's reflection on the game at Whitehaven saying one of the main contributory factors we lost is because was "we were short of forward power!" Then they release Nelmes. Just what is going on?

hi jr I don't think the club had any other choice but to release nelmes as he as been missing all season. I think I read on the forum that he had off the field problems. but think perhaps this week  there will be further forward signings to replace him.

spot on j r I have been saying this for seasons, when the big forwords in  other teams get match fit after 6 or 7 games Oldham have always struggled to compete. this as gone on for season after season it as never been changed. to deliver this season the pack as to be strengthened now aug. 11th Newcastle at home and aug.18th Doncaster at home then the last match hunslet away things must change or failure again

• 4 weeks later...

Archived