Channel 4

Batley Bob

Only after the Sky deal ends though, so don't hold your breath.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Channel 4 in fairness do a good job with sport.They were very good when they had Test Match Cricket.I think they have rugby union and I think they have women’s rugby union and when I last watched them cover it,they did a very good job.And if memory serves me correct they once had American Football and that has helped it gain some popularity here(not my cup of tea I admit)to a degree that it will be played at Spurs new ground.

I for one hope Channel 4 do join up with us as I think they would be a perfect partner and being free to air as opposed to a very expensive monthly fee with Sky or BT it will give Championship clubs(it will be that the Championship and Championship 1 merge)the exposure needed.

And Channel 4 have often championed the underdog.

6 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Channel 4 in fairness do a good job with sport.They were very good when they had Test Match Cricket.I think they have rugby union and I think they have women’s rugby union and when I last watched them cover it,they did a very good job.And if memory serves me correct they once had American Football and that has helped it gain some popularity here(not my cup of tea I admit)to a degree that it will be played at Spurs new ground.

I for one hope Channel 4 do join up with us as I think they would be a perfect partner and being free to air as opposed to a very expensive monthly fee with Sky or BT it will give Championship clubs(it will be that the Championship and Championship 1 merge)the exposure needed.

And Channel 4 have often championed the underdog.

Aren't they being based in Leeds shortly??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

3 hours ago, colinb said:

Aren't they being based in Leeds shortly??

Yes I understand they are.Leeds beat off competition from Manchester and Liverpool for Channel 4.Bit disappointed being from Manchester but at least the North benefits.

8 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Yes I understand they are.Leeds beat off competition from Manchester and Liverpool for Channel 4.Bit disappointed being from Manchester but at least the North benefits.

Well at least the RFL are relocating to Manchester. No doubt the lower costs of taking the trophies to the winners' grounds will save a bit.

?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived