Home win

clifford

I must have been watching the wrong game!

This game was a great advert for RL with both teams refusing to give the other anything and both sides giving everything. The try of Kershaw has to be one the best tries I've seen scored for a very long time at any level - well worth the entrance money alone.

With due respect to Clifford he needs to watch the game and how the game unfolds and to give credit to the rugby Wales produced rather than expecting Oldham to dominate from the first to the last minute.

It was great to see the Yonners clap Wales off at the end and you could see they really appreciated it.

Promotion is still in our grasp - beat Newcastle and I feel we are up with the big boys. 

OK the performance between the final 10 minutes of the first half and part of the second half by Oldham was dyer. 

Once grandad scored the team seem to collectively switch off. 

Crusaders came back into the game and scored down our left with some good attacking play but woeful defence. 

That's my opinion, and I ve played rugby at semi pro in the left centre and defensively it was poor. To cap it we're was the cover defence when crusaders kick back across and scored. 

It's a win against a mid table team with a point to prove when so many of their players were playing against their former employer 

Thought we were very sloppy. Kershaw was great and his try was superb. Wilkinson was excellent again as usual and Hawkyard looked very dangerous out wide. No one else really stood out.

Defence was poor again as we continually ship simple tries. They scored a couple of really nice tries out wide but we should have stopped the others.

Stats-

Hawkyard-2 tackles. one miss. 6 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 13 carries=113m

Aaronson-zero tackles. one miss. 2 clean breaks. 14 carries=155m

McComb-10 tackles. one miss. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 16 carries=156m

Leeming-14 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=93m

Kershaw-zero tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 20 carries=222m

Brook-2 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 2 try assists. 5 carries=29m

Hewitt-10 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one try assist. 4 carries=13m

Joy-32 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one try assist. 10 carries=66m

Owen-23 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one try assist. 6 carries=53m

Spencer-29 tackles. one miss. 7 carries=49m

Bridge-26 tackles. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 13 carries=96m

Langtree-24 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. 11 carries=116m

Bent-40 tackles. 6 carries=19m

subs

Wilkinson-18 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. one try assist. 5 carries=36m

Law-26 tackles. 9 carries=70m

Calland-3 tackles.  zero carries.

Whittel-23 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 8 carries=45m

Archived