Jack Broadbent

ernieone

Should put Wood in the other centre berth, Smears could go 2nd row if needed, got the physique, but don't understanding Tomlinson wasn't in when it's his shoe-in place for me. Hope Jack n Woody come back.

Certainly too soon for super league if he's patient and keeps improving/ growing could be another walmsley find in 5 yrs

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Don't be silly Tom. So you'd throw him in now were every leeds player is currently under the microscope. the opposition would pepper him with drives and tricky bombs to field he would be a nervous wreck and totally exposed.

You think walmsley could of gone straight from celtic to saints?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• 5 weeks later...

Very humble and approachable young man. (True carlinghow lad!) Let's hope he's nurtured and developed to be another Danny maun/ toohey.

IMG-20190811-WA0000.jpg

10 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Hope he has bigger ambitions than being a Maun/Toohey. To at least make regular super duper league.

If he plays like he did against the Aussies he’ll be playing SL in 2020.. just needs a fair chance him & Harry Newman could be our 2025 centres come the World Cup 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

If he plays like he did against the Aussies he’ll be playing SL in 2020.. just needs a fair chance him & Harry Newman could be our 2025 centres come the World Cup 

no they won't

23 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Have you been sniffing glue ??

Who’s better than them? Newman has played regular this year Experience will help them plus playing regular in super league I can see both going on to play for GB in the future... both Highly rated at Leeds by coaches including Rob burrow also Brian McDermott and James Ford I’m sure even Wayne Bennett watched how both played for Yorkshire and England Vs Aussie Schoolboys last December 

so after watching jack play 9 games for batley  and watching harry on telly you think they're going to be first choice england centres 2025 your wrong

they have both been at FEV jack's a good player but nowt special however harry is the closest thing to a young paul newlove i've ever seen he's a class apart

if the winds in the right direction jack will have a good career and may one day play international but harry's nailed on to be first choice england /gb centre for years 

you ask who's better well we've got a centre at FEV who ;s nearly as good as harry and head and shoulders better than jack

10 hours ago, POR said:

so after watching jack play 9 games for batley  and watching harry on telly you think they're going to be first choice england centres 2025 your wrong

they have both been at FEV jack's a good player but nowt special however harry is the closest thing to a young paul newlove i've ever seen he's a class apart

if the winds in the right direction jack will have a good career and may one day play international but harry's nailed on to be first choice england /gb centre for years 

you ask who's better well we've got a centre at FEV who ;s nearly as good as harry and head and shoulders better than jack

How come Tom can't have an opinion on Jack but you can have one after watching 3 games in a Fev shirt where you played him out of position on the wing?  

The Leeds coaches say Broadbent and Newman on a fairly even path. It says a lot about how highly they rate Jack that he was one of the 19s captains before he came to us. It all depends on how they develop (look at ainscough, unbelievable at first in SL then came to nothing against a Chris Hill who didn't play SL until his mid 20s).

For both it's far too early to start having arguments about what they'll be doing in 6 years time! 

3 hours ago, bulldogs17 said:

How come Tom can't have an opinion on Jack but you can have one after watching 3 games in a Fev shirt where you played him out of position on the wing?  

The Leeds coaches say Broadbent and Newman on a fairly even path. It says a lot about how highly they rate Jack that he was one of the 19s captains before he came to us. It all depends on how they develop (look at ainscough, unbelievable at first in SL then came to nothing against a Chris Hill who didn't play SL until his mid 20s).

For both it's far too early to start having arguments about what they'll be doing in 6 years time! 

i respect tom's opinion opinions are what makes the rugby world go round you misunderstand i'm saying that at this moment in time you can't say that jack will be englands first choice centre in 2025 but you can say harry newman will 

4 minutes ago, POR said:

i respect tom's opinion opinions are what makes the rugby world go round you misunderstand i'm saying that at this moment in time you can't say that jack will be englands first choice centre in 2025 but you can say harry newman will 

He might not be... there’s some good centres coming through the system watch out for Scott at fc he played too, we might have another Hanley who can play full back and centre, another couple of gibbons in the ranks... and I watch a lot of youth rugby.. Alex sutcliffe is a good centre too it’s gonna be a hard choice to pick and I’m glad it’s not me... 

24 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

He might not be... there’s some good centres coming through the system watch out for Scott at fc he played too, we might have another Hanley who can play full back and centre, another couple of gibbons in the ranks... and I watch a lot of youth rugby.. Alex sutcliffe is a good centre too it’s gonna be a hard choice to pick and I’m glad it’s not me... 

he's the one now at FEV I mentioned

On 15/08/2019 at 20:02, POR said:

I've seen nothing whatsoever in Newman to suggest that he even comes close to Paul Newlove in terms of ability. Newlove was playing for Great Britain whilst still in his teens, and was an absolute Rolls Royce from a young age. Newman, to me, just looks like a lad with decent potential. 

Different strokes, different folks etc etc. 

1 hour ago, Tony F said:

I've seen nothing whatsoever in Newman to suggest that he even comes close to Paul Newlove in terms of ability. Newlove was playing for Great Britain whilst still in his teens, and was an absolute Rolls Royce from a young age. Newman, to me, just looks like a lad with decent potential. 

Different strokes, different folks etc etc. 

with all due respect I never said harry was as good as paul but having watched them boh up close and personal at a young age what harry did at FEV reminds you of a young paul 

when he runs he just does enough when chased by a forward runs slower than when being chased by a back just like paul he never panics or gets flustered just like paul he knocks players off in the tackle and sits them on their backsides mugs them off just like paul and close to the line he takes two three players over the line with him just like paul

your right about newy's international career made his debut october 21st as a sub in the 24 -16 defeat to new zealand he was aged 18 years 72 days which made him the the youngest ever international beating the previous  holder shaun edwards

30 minutes ago, POR said:

with all due respect I never said harry was as good as paul but having watched them boh up close and personal at a young age what harry did at FEV reminds you of a young paul 

when he runs he just does enough when chased by a forward runs slower than when being chased by a back just like paul he never panics or gets flustered just like paul he knocks players off in the tackle and sits them on their backsides mugs them off just like paul and close to the line he takes two three players over the line with him just like paul

your right about newy's international career made his debut october 21st as a sub in the 24 -16 defeat to new zealand he was aged 18 years 72 days which made him the the youngest ever international beating the previous  holder shaun edwards

Hopefully he'll continue to progress and develop into the player you're predicting he will become. I guess that one of the advantages of being Leeds' feeder club is that you get to see a lot of prospects and stars of the future. 

Archived