You Shouldn't Laugh But ...

I noticed that Kenny Edwards got sin-binned on Friday night's game , so I checked the highlights video on Catalans Youtube site -

Turns out the Touch Judge reported that he'd been told to " f*ck off twice " by Edwards , resulting in a Yellow Card .

Whilst we do not condone such conduct I laughed so hard when I heard it I split my brew - its at 5:23 in the vid . It sounded like something from a junior school playground !

Anyone else seen/heard something inappropriate at a game that tickled the funny bone ?

Sounds like a badly dubbed foreign movie.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, Essai Machine said:

I noticed that Kenny Edwards got sin-binned on Friday night's game , so I checked the highlights video on Catalans Youtube site -

Turns out the Touch Judge reported that he'd been told to " f*ck off twice " by Edwards , resulting in a Yellow Card .

Whilst we do not condone such conduct I laughed so hard when I heard it I split my brew - its at 5:23 in the vid . It sounded like something from a junior school playground !

Anyone else seen/heard something inappropriate at a game that tickled the funny bone ?

Did he say bin him after? 

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Sounds like a badly dubbed foreign movie.

All he said was " Allez vouz en". 

In other news, Huddersfield were suckers for a dummy.   And of course Tomkins was yards off side for his second try.

After the hooter (if there was one) everybody collapsed as if it was the St Valentine's Day Massacre.  Could it have been a bit hot?

Should have been a straight red and a six match ban plus hefty fine, it should be considered no different to a player saying a ref/touchie is 'bent' or calling into question their sexuality.

If you want to stamp this out, much like other offences then you need to ensure the players know these actions will get you a severe punishment and is not tolerated in the slightest.

32 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Should have been a straight red and a six match ban plus hefty fine, it should be considered no different to a player saying a ref/touchie is 'bent' or calling into question their sexuality.

If you want to stamp this out, much like other offences then you need to ensure the players know these actions will get you a severe punishment and is not tolerated in the slightest.

I quite agree, any abuse of officials should have a severe punishment. Quite simple really, say something offensive or out of turn and you're sent off straight away. It would soon stop. 

Exactly, get down to 9/10 players within the first 20minutes and get absolutely mullered you'd hear the tators screwing over the officials actions, well except Clarke because 'laws of the game', and yet it'd be the players cussing out the officials that would have caused that state of affairs and the following fall out of unavailable players for the next 4-6 weeks!

Swearing would fall off a cliff, and you could replicate that for other offences, particularly tackling around the neck/head etc, with the welfare of players foremost we really need to change how players tackle, it simply is not acceptable the way things have let slide over the last 20 years or so.

There was a great clip of Nick Fozzard saying similar to Michael Dobson a few years back at Hull KR. Can’t find the clip.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Archived