The NHS at its best

Recently I was checking some aspects of my ancestry, and I discovered from the 1911 Census that one of my great -grandfathers lived in a house at the appropriately named Pit Row in South Kirkby, which was then a small mining town south of Wakefield.

Many of my ancestors died of lung disease because of mining, so I'm delighted to see this pioneering work in South Kirkby that aims to catch the early symptoms of lung disease before it spreads and becomes cancerous.

My daughter has been one of the chief proponents of this approach and played a key role in setting up this initiative.

She is quoted in the article.

I'm impressed by the way in which the NHS is taking steps to catch disease early in this and so many other areas.

https://yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk/news/pioneering-lung-health-check-programme-launched-in-south-kirkbyj

The NHS at its best

It's funny how things can trigger ideas like the above and the post triggered the response that the NHS is more or less always at its best.

And before someone says what about , I didn't say it doesn't have faults!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

No wonder we're in the process of losing it when so few people cared to respond to this thread. A perfect bit of data for complete privatisation. No one cared.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived