Leigh next up

Batley Bob

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck lads, I can't make it this aft but have my fingers crossed...

That Swinton win lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Look at the Leigh line up though. I never expected owt else.

Swinton are away by the looks

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

A 48-12 loss is nowhere near as bad as it looked at half-time. The thing that bothers me is the 'sticking a pin in the board' to decide a)who plays and b) where. We have 1 ball-handling forward, who by the way is team vice-captain (and the captain is unfit) but gets dropped. Then we have young Wood playing in the back row whilst a much sturdier, made- for-the position player Tomlinson gets stuck on the wing, and of course Campbell is missing (again) with no hint of injury or unavailabilty. If we REALLY must play a centre in the pack then Smeaton has been there before and has developed a physique well suited. I wonder if Diskin thinks 'well, sod it, I'm off in 5 more games, just let's see what else I can ruin'. 

1 hour ago, phildog said:

A 48-12 loss is nowhere near as bad as it looked at half-time. The thing that bothers me is the 'sticking a pin in the board' to decide a)who plays and b) where. We have 1 ball-handling forward, who by the way is team vice-captain (and the captain is unfit) but gets dropped. Then we have young Wood playing in the back row whilst a much sturdier, made- for-the position player Tomlinson gets stuck on the wing, and of course Campbell is missing (again) with no hint of injury or unavailabilty. If we REALLY must play a centre in the pack then Smeaton has been there before and has developed a physique well suited. I wonder if Diskin thinks 'well, sod it, I'm off in 5 more games, just let's see what else I can ruin'. 

Maybe he is saving his strongest team for next week's 1895 cup hence why Brownie and Campbell rested if not injured as TBH with side Leigh had out today we wern't going to get much change from the game so why risk your best players when next week provides a once in a lifetime opportunity if we win to play at Wembley as can't see RFL running 1895 cup next season but who knows.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

3 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

Maybe he is saving his strongest team for next week's 1895 cup hence why Brownie and Campbell rested if not injured as TBH with side Leigh had out today we wern't going to get much change from the game so why risk your best players when next week provides a once in a lifetime opportunity if we win to play at Wembley as can't see RFL running 1895 cup next season but who knows.

I can see the logic, but I can't help thinking, it is a lot of pressure to put on yourselves though, putting all of our eggs in one basket, hoping to beat a side that has put 98 points past us in the previous two encounters this season. 

Archived