Swinton Away

Davecord

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with Wigan injury situation we may be struggling for DR. Big game for both sides  obviously hope we win but would also like to see you stay up. Always enjoy our trips to Barrow one of the few places still with a traditional ground in the town centre. Beers in Ulverston never a bad thing either always like to call in The Old Friends Inn win or lose. 

Safe journey to all making the trip

Not good enough again, good job York and Bradford will travel well as I can't see many home fans turning up. There needs to be massive changes starting with the coach and getting rid of a lot of the deadwood in the squad. Murph having a laugh with Dan Payne about going down says it all we were promised to be pushing for the play offs before the season started now look at the state of us 

Very much the story of our season in a game. 

Start the game on top with good terrority, have 5 or 6 sets in their 20 and don't score any points. They get a couple of sets in our 20 and score 2 tries and all of a sudden we go into half time behind or at least in a contest. 

This has happened in: Sheffield (H) Widnes (A) Swinton (H) Dewsbury (H & A) and now Swinton away. Essentially what happens is games we should be comfortably ahead our heads drop, opposition gets confidence and we lose the game. 

The same scenario happened today. Few decisions went against us but with our territory in the 1st 20 we should have been 2 scores up. They scored on both their visits to our 20. 

I can't put my finger on why we are losing but I think it's 4 or 5 things a game  where teams are marginally better. Example of Swinton today, much better at game management they were very good at slowing the game down, lots of pressure on the kicker on last tackles, they knew we offloaded a lot so we're always sniffing round for offloads, they knew we concede tries on the edges so sharply shifted the ball their. They read our plays so always got up on the right man and shut them down. I think things like these we aren't doing which are costing us, the league has stepped up a level since last season and I don't think we have gone up with it. I also think we have a slight mentality problem which stems from us only winning 1 in 13 or whatever it was. 

It's a shame because the squad has real potential but the odds of us staying up are slim. 

yeah we look screwed now im afraid

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

We’re the 2nd worse team in the division and that’s why we’re going down. Simple. Can’t compete with any of the teams around us and we’re just an utter shambles in every department. I think “up the raiders” was spot on about a certain commentator laughing about the prospect of going down. Our club is an utter utter shambles.

2 minutes ago, Barroooww said:

We’re the 2nd worse team in the division and that’s why we’re going down. Simple. Can’t compete with any of the teams around us and we’re just an utter shambles in every department. I think “up the raiders” was spot on about a certain commentator laughing about the prospect of going down. Our club is an utter utter shambles.

Think calling the club a shambles isn't true. We recruited well at the start of the year but have just fallen short. There's a combination of a lot of things as to why the team hasn't picked up results, but I don't think calling the club a shambles is due to that. 

10 minutes ago, RSN said:

Think calling the club a shambles isn't true. We recruited well at the start of the year but have just fallen short. There's a combination of a lot of things as to why the team hasn't picked up results, but I don't think calling the club a shambles is due to that. 

Maybe my choice of words wasn’t correct. I meant the on field side of the club. 

I thought the summarizer on radio cumbria was very poor. I'm not sure whether Daly was given a red or yellow card but he must be disciplined. We have enough problems without a player remaining of the field. I thought he had a one match ban after last week. When does this take effect.

As far as the match is concerned I am totally speechless but very disappointed.  After todays matches we might have had Leeds playing at Craven Park along with Bradford but not now.

1 minute ago, Michael Ashton said:

I thought the summarizer on radio cumbria was very poor. I'm not sure whether Daly was given a red or yellow card but he must be disciplined. We have enough problems without a player remaining of the field. I thought he had a one match ban after last week. When does this take effect.

As far as the match is concerned I am totally speechless but very disappointed.  After todays matches we might have had Leeds playing at Craven Park along with Bradford but not now.

Dalli got a yellow I agree something needs to be done about not only his discipline but also the team as a whole. His ban is against York not sure if he'll get another after today 

I feel sorry for the chairman who I believe has done his best for the club. Hes saved us in our hour of need and deserved better this season.

We are staring down the barrel of relegation, I think we should start planning now getting rid of the deadwood almost certainly starting with dallimore who's discipline has been a disgrace, 3 yellow cards the last 5 games is unacceptable. 

50 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

I feel sorry for the chairman who I believe has done his best for the club. Hes saved us in our hour of need and deserved better this season.

We are staring down the barrel of relegation, I think we should start planning now getting rid of the deadwood almost certainly starting with dallimore who's discipline has been a disgrace, 3 yellow cards the last 5 games is unacceptable. 

Which deadwood would you get rid of out of curiosity? 

Archived