Swinton Away

Davecord

26 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Which deadwood would you get rid of out of curiosity? 

Taking the likes of susino out because we're never going to keep him I'd keep 

Cresswell

Cross

Stack

Morrow

Toal x2

Crellin

Jono

Duffy 

Both Carters

Johnston

Ford

I'm not sure the likes of walker hulme ritson will stay with haven probably coming up 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Cumbria reported they had received a text from someone saying that we should appoint a SL coach. Where on earth does he think the money would come from to appoint say Darryl Powell. Another coach would also say the players he wanted to sign. Again whose going to pay the bills.

26 minutes ago, olray said:

I would get rid of Dallimore charnock mossop Duffy Riley aspinwall  Walker Puara for a start . Along with Pete Murphy and Paul Crarey 

So you would get rid of 3 front rowers and replace them with whom ?

32 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Taking the likes of susino out because we're never going to keep him I'd keep 

Cresswell

Cross

Stack

Morrow

Toal x2

Crellin

Jono

Duffy 

Both Carters

Johnston

Ford

I'm not sure the likes of walker hulme ritson will stay with haven probably coming up 

I agree wholehartedly aside from duffy for the outgoings

Been injured a lot and doesnt offer enough for me. Agsin an opinion.

Id like to keep Ritson, but I think he'd have to be a backup for cresswell on current form.

I also feel for Steve Neale, but any business is more cuthroat the higher the standard. Even the ever farcial game of rugby league.

If/when we do go down, I think Aspinall would be good to keep as experience and still has a bit to offer.

It is annoying aswell the amount of local talent up the coast in the position we seem to have needed and haven have got to the summit of league one.... 

Another 9 - Dowsett (ask)

A prop - Kelly (mill)

An armistead kind of workhorse - Wilkinson(ulv/ask)

Totally understand the league is massibely different but ( I would assume) some of the deadwood mentioned that play these positions would be more financially draining than the above ? 

7 minutes ago, B4RR0W said:

I agree wholehartedly aside from duffy for the outgoings

Been injured a lot and doesnt offer enough for me. Agsin an opinion.

Id like to keep Ritson, but I think he'd have to be a backup for cresswell on current form.

I also feel for Steve Neale, but any business is more cuthroat the higher the standard. Even the ever farcial game of rugby league.

If/when we do go down, I think Aspinall would be good to keep as experience and still has a bit to offer.

It is annoying aswell the amount of local talent up the coast in the position we seem to have needed and haven have got to the summit of league one.... 

Another 9 - Dowsett (ask)

A prop - Kelly (mill)

An armistead kind of workhorse - Wilkinson(ulv/ask)

Totally understand the league is massibely different but ( I would assume) some of the deadwood mentioned that play these positions would be more financially draining than the above ? 

I agree with Duffy I'd keep him as an option at the right price but only as a "luxury"

We missed 3 cracking players there all doing well for haven now hopefully we can find some gems next year 

3 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Murph having a laugh with Dan Payne about going down says it all

47 minutes ago, olray said:

I would get rid of Dallimore charnock mossop Duffy Riley aspinwall  Walker Puara for a start . Along with Pete Murphy and Paul Crarey 

Wholeheartedly agree to get rid of Murph, especially following his comments on the radio - appalling behaviour from a club director! Where is the professionalism?! 

15 minutes ago, Sportacus! said:

Wholeheartedly agree to get rid of Murph, especially following his comments on the radio - appalling behaviour from a club director! Where is the professionalism?! 

Totally agree. Not a single ounce of professionalism. Been an issue for a while now 

I would like to hear Steve's views on the plans for the club with relegation being almost certain. He backed the coach with money for the players he wanted and it hasn't paid off. You have players up the coast local lads who would be better suited than travellers and play with pride for there hometown. Dowsett, Kelly, Wilkinson, Gillam, Singleton, Miller, Newton, Dawson. Imagine the local side we could have with a few of the most consistent performers from this year's squad

Hard luck today I think we had the rub of the green on a few things but the best team won.

You started really well offloading for fun but as a couple of you said, we knew we would score points if we got into your 30 and attacked the edges. You looked a better attacking side when our former player Ben White came on but prior to that we looked fairly comfortable defending our line. 

On Dallimore, I'm not sure if those commenting about discipline saw the game but he got 10 mins for a professional foul that saved a certain try. Not sure that counts as poor discipline although it is a mystery why a penalty try wasn't awarded. I think you outscored us while he was off the field so you could argue he did the right thing!

I have seen a few comments on here about how your squad should be doing better and you recruited well but to be honest I don't see it.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Not over yet, Batley look to be struggling badly.

10 hours ago, Town utd said:

Think barrow have missed out on locals going up the coast, Wilkinson,dowsett,gillam, Newton,singleton, Walsh, Dawson, Lancaster, Bolton,an now marwood,

who from our current squad would be dropped for any of these listed above? I don't think many would make our starting 17 if any.

11 hours ago, Colin James said:

Hard luck today I think we had the rub of the green on a few things but the best team won.

You started really well offloading for fun but as a couple of you said, we knew we would score points if we got into your 30 and attacked the edges. You looked a better attacking side when our former player Ben White came on but prior to that we looked fairly comfortable defending our line. 

On Dallimore, I'm not sure if those commenting about discipline saw the game but he got 10 mins for a professional foul that saved a certain try. Not sure that counts as poor discipline although it is a mystery why a penalty try wasn't awarded. I think you outscored us while he was off the field so you could argue he did the right thing!

I have seen a few comments on here about how your squad should be doing better and you recruited well but to be honest I don't see it.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Not over yet, Batley look to be struggling badly.

A lot of fans fail to understand the criteria required in order to award a penalty try.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Gus Tyson said:

who from our current squad would be dropped for any of these listed above? I don't think many would make our starting 17 if any.

Wilkinson for aspi Kelly for Riley and Dowsett for charnock as a 9 off the bench with white at 7 for a start 

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

A lot of fans fail to understand the criteria required in order to award a penalty try.

"Penalty try (d) the Referee may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred"

He gave a foul inches outside the try line. Had Dallimore not made that foul it was a nailed on try.

30 minutes ago, Colin James said:

"Penalty try (d) the Referee may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred"

He gave a foul inches outside the try line. Had Dallimore not made that foul it was a nailed on try.

Referees always quote their requirement for "certainty". What is nailed on in the eyes of a fan and in the eyes of a referee are completely different things. I share your frustration at times with this rule but, on the other hand, would hate to see such awards being made willy nilly.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Town utd said:

They would all do a job for barrow,cost a lot less as well.

A team with a core of those players would get tonked in the Championship. 

43 minutes ago, RSN said:

A team with a core of those players would get tonked in the Championship. 

Just like we are now? I think the way forward is to build a local core of the side especially for championship 1. Youve got to nurture the talent on your doorstep first and improve them as players before looking elsewhere imo. 

4 hours ago, Newraider said:

Just like we are now? I think the way forward is to build a local core of the side especially for championship 1. Youve got to nurture the talent on your doorstep first and improve them as players before looking elsewhere imo. 

Totally agree for next season about building from local players it has to be the decision. The way I read it people are saying that if we had a team of local players the results would have been much different but I disagree I think the difference between league 1 and championship is the biggest gap its been in years. 

I use the half backs as the example in looking at the quality. 

Dewsbury - Paul Sykes and Liam Finn

Sheffield - Anthony Thackery 

Batley - Dominic Brambani 

Leigh - Martin Ridyard 

Fev - Dave Chisolm 

York - Ben Cockayne 

Toulouse - Jonathan Ford 

Toronto - Josh McCrone 

Frightening mix of experience and quality. 

26 minutes ago, RSN said:

Totally agree for next season about building from local players it has to be the decision. The way I read it people are saying that if we had a team of local players the results would have been much different but I disagree I think the difference between league 1 and championship is the biggest gap its been in years. 

I use the half backs as the example in looking at the quality. 

Dewsbury - Paul Sykes and Liam Finn

Sheffield - Anthony Thackery 

Batley - Dominic Brambani 

Leigh - Martin Ridyard 

Fev - Dave Chisolm 

York - Ben Cockayne 

Toulouse - Jonathan Ford 

Toronto - Josh McCrone 

Frightening mix of experience and quality. 

Yeah the step up is big, but if we're gonna finish second to bottom after spending money on experienced players, then I would much rather build with a local core and develop the players with minimal money and see what you can get out of them. Only way they can improve as a championship player is experiencing it. No point spending big in the championship as you are only competing in the bottom 6 table. Try get an established side with the tools you have, that's where a good coach comes to work

Archived