Swinton Away

Davecord

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, dhuggybear said:

all 3 of them were onside and Tee was the furthest behind play !!!!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

You twice took points off us last season by flopping to the deck on the hooter to con the ref into giving you a penalty. Can argue that these things even themselves out over time. We've been shafted a few times this season, on this occasion we got the rub of the green.

I read that in the MAIL and it's disgusting. Many matters that happen on the field are marginal and you tend to make decisions based on who you support but as I wrote earlier this was a dreadful decision and that error will not even out. A decision like that could end a coaches job with a club or even cause serious financial difficulties. I know that is not likely to happen to Barrow and  I know it's too late now but I think the officials who were in charge of the game should be seriously reprimanded. The other matter in the Swinton game was that Star was badly injured but the incident was put on report and the player received a two match ban.. Surely for a cannon ball tackle the player should have received a red card. It looks as if Star could be out of action for some time.

33 minutes ago, Colin James said:

You've won four games all season. To suggest the coach's position is in jeopardy because of a referee is quite the deflection.

Coaches position should have been in jeopardy when we went on a 13 game losing streak but that's not how we do it apparently ??

12 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

I read that in the MAIL and it's disgusting. Many matters that happen on the field are marginal and you tend to make decisions based on who you support but as I wrote earlier this was a dreadful decision and that error will not even out. A decision like that could end a coaches job with a club or even cause serious financial difficulties. I know that is not likely to happen to Barrow and  I know it's too late now but I think the officials who were in charge of the game should be seriously reprimanded. The other matter in the Swinton game was that Star was badly injured but the incident was put on report and the player received a two match ban.. Surely for a cannon ball tackle the player should have received a red card. It looks as if Star could be out of action for some time.

Players are put on report all the time and subsequently banned.

If you were at the game youd have seen the tackle looked ok apart from your player being injured so you've got justice.

The offside decision was wrong but it wasn't the only one.  

Is it not this jeopardy/win loss, human error that makes sport great. 

If we had have won because of it we wouldnt moan and im sure weve had key decisions go our way. 

Its just sport. 

If it becomes so sanitized people will loose more interest in the game. 

I see it with football already, soon players wont celebrate the extasy of scoring a goal (see beckam/tardelli/roger milla/aguero) 

They will just wait like a numpty for the ref to check in the VAR pit. 

Technically (after analysis) the 3rd goal in the 66 world cup final didnt go over the line.... so what... 

Just get on with it. Eventually Karma will come good

Sorry Colin and subsequent writers I phrased my message very badly. I didn't intend to say that Barrows coach position was in jeopardy. We have never treated our coaches like that. My point was that a referee error like the one made could send Barrow to Ch1  and some clubs would then be ruthless in getting rid of the coach. I'm sure that will not happen to us.

I can quite understand Paul Crarey feeling saw on both occasions because if the try in question had been allowed the score would have been 18-18 and we could have won but who knows. Anyway it's history. I cannot comment on the injury because I was not at the match but I can understand Crarey feeling saw at having to play for the rest of the game with 12 men.

As I say it's all history and I'm sure we will concentrate on beating Toulouse, York, Bradford, Toronto & Batley.

On 21/07/2019 at 19:06, Neutralfan7 said:

Which deadwood would you get rid of out of curiosity? 

Keep

Cresswell, Ritson, s.toal, Ford, cross, hulme, walker, mossop, smith, stack, puara, d. Toal, duffy, morrow, crellin, loxam, johnston, jake Carter, brett carter, white, paisley, walne, charnock. 

I'd love to keep susino but unfortunately I dont think we will be able to.  

Let go minoga, riley, aspinwall (can join coaching staff), dallimore, spedding.  

On 05/08/2019 at 12:25, Raider91 said:

Keep

Cresswell, Ritson, s.toal, Ford, cross, hulme, walker, mossop, smith, stack, puara, d. Toal, duffy, morrow, crellin, loxam, johnston, jake Carter, brett carter, white, paisley, walne, charnock. 

I'd love to keep susino but unfortunately I dont think we will be able to.  

Let go minoga, riley, aspinwall (can join coaching staff), dallimore, spedding.  

Let go of Minoga?? He’s been gone for about a month now?

Archived