Which club has had the best Academy in the SL era?

...and it doesn't have to be a team that has played in the SL.

There are some obvious ones off the top of my head:

Wigan

Bradford

Leeds

are there others that have produced more but have been picked at by supposed bigger clubs. Should it be classed on how many WORLD class players have been produced, or the amount of SL players.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Wigan by some distance

Leeds

Saints

Bradford

The biggest disappointment for me has to be Hull. For such a Rugby League hotbed it seems to punch way below its weight.

I agree.

We've had some good patches, the Horne, Cooke, Yeaman, King period, King one of the the biggest wastes of talents, Horne unlucky in some ways as he could have been the GB no.1 for years but we used him at 6 due to having Prescott at FB, Cooke was arguably the best 13 in the country for a time and Yeaman on his day was the best centre in the country. There was and still is an element of who you play for that gets you the nod at international level.

We then had slim pickings for a while and then just before Pearson came to buy the club we had a great crop of youngsters in 2012/13. Shaul, Bowden, Green, Crooks, Cunningham, Hadley, since that we've had next to no-one, Adbul continued to be given the cold shoulder and others simply let by the wayside such that in the near 6 years of Radford's tenure there has been no player to debut in that period who you would consider to be a first XVII player, that really stinks!

Last Hull player to come through the academy to play at international level was I think Kirk Yeaman!

Agree with the above but think Braford edge Saints, for now at least. That may well change in a couple of years. 

Wigan are freakishly good at churning out players, I'll give Wane the credit for throwing them in. 

Wigan have been the most successful Academy club and I believe Wigan and St Helens are the only 2 clubs to have been ranked as "outstanding" each year by the RFLs accreditation system since it commenced in 2013.

Archived