Keighley Cougars - we're going back to DP

WTRLFC WEBSITE

9 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Have you thought they might have been working?

Or with their families on the one day they get to themselves. Some embarrassing sanctimonious garbage written on here at times. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played well today. As good an 80 minutes as we have put in for a good 6 or 7 weeks. Keighley were poor, but only because our defence was excellent. We played the conditions alot better.

Hard to single any players out from what was a complete team performance. Tickle was given mom. But I'd have gone for Sam Hewitt (before his yellow card). Thought Forber was also strong and showed why we missed him so much. Tom Curwen was my pick of the forwards today. Good to see Caine back out there. Him and Sam could form a formidable right edge.

Pitch looked very good! Must be a pleasure to play on. 

UTT

Defence wins matches, I expected a tough 2nd half with that wind but we just snuffed them out of it. Great performance well done town...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Best of the season by far. Committed, aggresive and playing a sensible well controlled  game. It's hard to pick any one player out but Maudling was back to his best today and Sam Hewitt was superb. Just hope Buffer is okay and we can get a decent squad out for the haven game. We'll done Chris and the boys. UTT

Really enjoyed that great performance 1 to 17 defence was awesome,Caine only got a cameo but seemed very strong in defence, special mention to larl rookie chased every kick through as if his life depended on it,and with a little bit more luck could have created 3 or 4 try’s, and great to be back at dp with the pitch looking superb utt

Best performance under chris. Up there with the Newcastle and Oldham wins. Nice bit of momentum going into the derby. If haven lose at Hunslet I wouldn’t want to have to face a town team with nothing to lose to stay top. Pressure will be piling on them from thunder. 

We used the edges well, but the pack dominated throughout, though fui was outstanding yet again and has probably been our most consistent performer for weeks. Dec at loose is a great move and Jamie looked backed to his best. The bench really kicked us on today when they came on. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

38 minutes ago, wonky said:

Best performance under chris. Up there with the Newcastle and Oldham wins. Nice bit of momentum going into the derby. If haven lose at Hunslet I wouldn’t want to have to face a town team with nothing to lose to stay top. Pressure will be piling on them from thunder. 

We used the edges well, but the pack dominated throughout, though fui was outstanding yet again and has probably been our most consistent performer for weeks. Dec at loose is a great move and Jamie looked backed to his best. The bench really kicked us on today when they came on. 

Good post wonky UTT

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Very good stuff indeed. Low errors high completion  and solid defence. And dare i say it a decent ref who let the game flow. 

Yes you dare say it. He did allow Keighley to lie on for far too long but other than that he was infinitely better than last week's Muppet. Today was pretty much the complete performance with maximum contributions from every Town player. Great to see Scotty back in top form and Buffer demonstrating just why he was such a miss recently. Hope he isn't crocked after having to leave the field uncharacteristically early. 

Also relieved to be back home at DP - just seems "right" somehow.  One thing I would like to take from the Burough Park experience is the return of in-house catering . The pie,peas and gravy at the Reds were excellent and brought back fond memories of similar fare once on offer at the Town canteens. 

41 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

I believe buffer has done his ACL in his shoulder which could possibly be the end of his this season!

Chuffed to bits your not my doctor. Acl in your shoulder is one of the best I’ve heard for a long time. If he has an acl in his shoulder his season being over is the least of his problems. Legs for arms is a miracle marvel 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

59 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Pity we didn't see Marwood

Never knowingly positive Brooke. Blimey. What a misery

Just now, Packhoss said:

Good solid performance, the key was our high completion rate today, if we cut out daft mistakes we go well - just need to make sure we repeat at the wreck 

Great to be back at yam with the pitch looking pretty good although not quite there yet. I didn't take to BP at all for whatever reason.

It was a really good team performance today in not the best conditions with the wind but for a change our defence was outstanding and made the rest very easy. There wasn't any player that stood out or had a stinker and quite a few could have had a case for MOM, but couldn't argue with DT.  How much easier is the game when it is managed well? The lads tackled their hearts out, completed their sets,  ran strong in attack and put pressure on Keighley throughout the match. Really pleasing to see after a few dodgy performances and if they can find that consistency they will give every team a game. It was also really good to see a ref that could actually do his job pretty well. Can we have him every week?

The only negative is buffers injury, fingers crossed it's not serious as we just can't buy any luck with injuries this season. UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Great performance by all. Good to see Gordon get back to is old self. Like Chris as coach. Like said on radio, great preparation all week in training,came to fruition and do basics right it pays off. Well done all concerned, hope all injuries not to bad, like to think some injuries clearing up at right time of season now, utt

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Best of the season by far. Committed, aggresive and playing a sensible well controlled  game. It's hard to pick any one player out but Maudling was back to his best today and Sam Hewitt was superb. Just hope Buffer is okay and we can get a decent squad out for the haven game. We'll done Chris and the boys. UTT

Don’t know how true it is @gillmeister will know but apparently asking Smallwood back if it’s long term I heard in the bar. 

Archived