Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Rochdale. Sunday 21st July 2019

marklaspalmas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More consistency required on attack. Very scrappy and as said earlier we seem to play better against better  opposition. Week off then Dewsbury who again can be up or down .At least it keeps us in the  top 5 by 2 wins. 

Am i hard to please because i thought we were way off the pace today.Some sloppy passing players standing still when taking passes and poor decision making.We did back up better in the last 20 min when a gallant Rochdale side tired.For me Golding,and Walters our best two players.Day even with a hat trick was just off the pace. Hardcastle average at best and Reynolds had a shocker.Why did he keep running sideways and backwards when delivering a pass is he scared of getting a crack?.Chissy does it sometimes but he was more direct of the halves.Wellington Albert played well and showed the other forwards how to run straight at the defensive line,he is improving.Hope it is just a blip after the fine performance last week.

from behind the sticks it looked like we were trying too hard forcing passes passing to players who had now where to go often passing for the sake of it when we calmed down we played some good rugby and scored some good tries

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Am i hard to please because i thought we were way off the pace today.Some sloppy passing players standing still when taking passes and poor decision making.We did back up better in the last 20 min when a gallant Rochdale side tired.For me Golding,and Walters our best two players.Day even with a hat trick was just off the pace. Hardcastle average at best and Reynolds had a shocker.Why did he keep running sideways and backwards when delivering a pass is he scared of getting a crack?.Chissy does it sometimes but he was more direct of the halves.Wellington Albert played well and showed the other forwards how to run straight at the defensive line,he is improving.Hope it is just a blip after the fine performance last week.

I was disappointed too with the type of football played. We need an improvement in style when we go to the Rams Stadium.

On 19/07/2019 at 12:37, marklaspalmas said:

Whilst I don't disagree with you, Dagger is here on loan, so will play. That means Teteh misses out.

I think two hookers is a decent idea for this one as CK eases his way back in, so perhaps Davies misses out. Shows just how much competition there is in our forwards.

Render v.unlucky.

I am Ryan Carr and I claim my free fiver.

14 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Render must be very patient because if i had his ability the coach would be deaf from me shouting in his ear asking why i was not playing.

I was saying the same thing at the match. Why hes not getting in is baffling. Rarely makes a mistake. Good under the high ball and defended well keeping Toronto out on a couple of occasions. Hes going to be a talent mark my words.

We score 50 points and yet we didn't play well especially the first half, although Rochdales defence worked very hard at keeping us out. The second half as Rochdale tired we seemed to be hitting the ball and running lines better, even then there was some poor passing and dropped chances. God help other teams when we do get our game on song.

I think the frequent changes disrupted our play. Consistency will come with a settled team. I feel Carr was trying all the players selected  to gauge their potential We were below par but I feel this was due to the way the selection in the game was administered.

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Don't know if Day got a hat trick mate. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Vause said:

Don't know if Day got a hat trick mate. 

My mate next to me said he had i was so bored i was listening to the Netball on my phone.Nice to hear from you Andrew i used to love your input when i first started  using the forum.Lot on my mind today as it's my sisters funeral tomorrow.I am doing a speech as her sons feel too overcome to give one .I thought i was hard but i'm bricking it.

14 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

My mate next to me said he had i was so bored i was listening to the Netball on my phone.Nice to hear from you Andrew i used to love your input when i first started  using the forum.Lot on my mind today as it's my sisters funeral tomorrow.I am doing a speech as her sons feel too overcome to give one .I thought i was hard but i'm bricking it.

Thank you mate. And sorry to hear of your loss. I hope today went as well as it could do in the circumstances. I'll speak soon as it doesn't seem appropriate in light of what you are going through.

Take care mate, best wishes. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

Thank you mate. And sorry to hear of your loss. I hope today went as well as it could do in the circumstances. I'll speak soon as it doesn't seem appropriate in light of what you are going through.

Take care mate, best wishes. 

Thanks Andrew 3pm this afternoon.Over 70 years and not a falling out.She was 80 and cause was just old age so she didn't suffer which is a blessing.

Archived