20-21 Jul: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

A great result for West Wales, a chance to celebrate at last after all the hard work and perseverance of the last few years. Also the response from Coventry CEO Alan Robinson is pure class.

Both clubs are a credit to rugby league.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weighman said:

Good win for Doncaster today 0-30 away at North Wales.

2 weeks off & then a home game in Doncaster !

And well deserved, we were decidedly out of sorts today particularly in attack and basically got what we deserved. It's a real up and down season , this - euphoria one week and having a good sulk on the way home the next. That's the first time we've been nilled since Bradford last August and the gate of just over 200 was the lowest in the club's history. On the plus side I had a very nice ice cream before the game.

well done west wales, and another win for us against the skolars, 6 wins in a row now, 1100 crowd too, playing some good stuff, like the look of the samoan centre mathew wright who we signed from australia lately, a hattrick for him yesterday, also great to see lewis young back from injury at fullback, next game for us west wales away, come on thunder!

33 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

And well deserved, we were decidedly out of sorts today particularly in attack and basically got what we deserved. It's a real up and down season , this - euphoria one week and having a good sulk on the way home the next. That's the first time we've been nilled since Bradford last August and the gate of just over 200 was the lowest in the club's history. On the plus side I had a very nice ice cream before the game.

No complaints about the result, as you say, up and down all season.

I heard the crowd announced as 272, which would be the third lowest since we moved to Queensway. The ground is clearly holding us back now, the directors are keen to move so it will be interesting to see where we play next year. We're limited for choice and we'll almost certainly have to leave Wrexham, but it's obvious we need to try somewhere else.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Great win for town today. Best performance of the season so far imo, attacked well defended well, sam Hewitt looks a great player. Keighley were very poor thought they would be better. Hopefully build momentum and beat haven in a couple of weeks. Uo the town 

11 hours ago, fearnowt said:

I heard the crowd announced as 272, which would be the third lowest since we moved to Queensway. The ground is clearly holding us back now, the directors are keen to move so it will be interesting to see where we play next year. We're limited for choice and we'll almost certainly have to leave Wrexham, but it's obvious we need to try somewhere else.

372 according to LE.

rldfsignature.jpg

14 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Must admit that I was a bit surprised at the lower figure that I was told earlier, 272 sounds about right. As far as Queensway's concerned I'd be sorry to leave, but it's just in the wrong place, but I can't really think of an alternative that's near to town (access for the current supporters has to be a priority). I'm not sure if Cefn Druid's artificial pitch is suitable for rugby and there's not much covered accommodation if it rains (we were lucky with the weather when we played there last) and I can't think of anywhere else (the Racecourse would be a non starter before anyone mentions it).

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Must admit that I was a bit surprised at the lower figure that I was told earlier, 272 sounds about right. As far as Queensway's concerned I'd be sorry to leave, but it's just in the wrong place, but I can't really think of an alternative that's near to town (access for the current supporters has to be a priority). I'm not sure if Cefn Druid's artificial pitch is suitable for rugby and there's not much covered accommodation if it rains (we were lucky with the weather when we played there last) and I can't think of anywhere else (the Racecourse would be a non starter before anyone mentions it).

I must admit I've not been able to get to many games this season, but the whole ground debate is troubling....pretty much anywhere else is quite off-the-beaten-track and could've meant me not getting to as many as I have done. Even Druids is a PITA when you live in the area, never mind for visitors!!

I blame the grabbing-b@st£rd soccer club pushing us out of the Racecourse

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 21/07/2019 at 11:29, fearnowt said:

A great result for West Wales, a chance to celebrate at last after all the hard work and perseverance of the last few years. Also the response from Coventry CEO Alan Robinson is pure class.

Both clubs are a credit to rugby league.

It has been a long hard road for the past 2 years.  The joy of the players at the end and the way that they mobbed our coach was a joy to behold.

There are many obstacles to overcome but there is now hope.

Onwards and upwards.

Onwards and upwards.

Archived