21 Jul: SL: London Broncos v St Helens KO 3pm

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/19 at 14:00

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given Saints will be likely to rest at least half their regulars due to fears over the pitch for Lomax and Makinson and the CCSF on Saturday week, London should be looking to compete hard here and have a chance of sneaking it if they can put in a 80 minute performance and stay within 10pts at all times. 

Should be a good game. 

All of the Saints players were given four days holiday after the Wigan game so that could work both ways I guess. Expecting it to be a close game and no reason why this couldn't be another London win, particularly with a few missing out with the pitch and the semi-final in mind. Would be good to give Welsby, Costello, Batchelor et al more game time with the pressure off. A debut for Josh Simm would be nice too

1 hour ago, Moove said:

All of the Saints players were given four days holiday after the Wigan game so that could work both ways I guess. Expecting it to be a close game and no reason why this couldn't be another London win, particularly with a few missing out with the pitch and the semi-final in mind. Would be good to give Welsby, Costello, Batchelor et al more game time with the pressure off. A debut for Josh Simm would be nice too

A debut for Simm looks likely. Looks like Holbrook is doing a Millward. I've no problem with that considering we have a semi final next week.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/17776582.saints-will-give-youth-chance-london-trip/

Come on Broncos er... let's get back on that winning horse. With the Saints resting so many players a lost will feel like a golden chance has gone. A win under our belts and with a fortnight off the players could go into the final phase with real hope. 

Whilst Saints are so far ahead, it is their prerogative to manage the squad how they see fit.

Thats said as a Rovers supporter I am really disappointed. This is the second time Saints have fielded a weakened team against London, which means 2 points and potentially 4 are being gifted to one of our relegation rivals.

21 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

Whilst Saints are so far ahead, it is their prerogative to manage the squad how they see fit.

Thats said as a Rovers supporter I am really disappointed. This is the second time Saints have fielded a weakened team against London, which means 2 points and potentially 4 are being gifted to one of our relegation rivals.

I agree with you - didn't matter when had the middle 8's but the consequences are dire for team if they are relegated.

It puts the integrity of the competition in a poor light. 

As you say its up to saints how they manage their squad but disappointing. 

London must be rubbing their hands at this one, should be an easy 2 points. They won when Saints rested 5 last month so having at least 10 out should pose no problems.

Its tough on the other relegation teams but given they have virtually won the hub cap already it’s no surprise. They’ll likely be resting players all the way through to the play-offs now I reckon.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

5 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

Come on Broncos er... let's get back on that winning horse. With the Saints resting so many players a lost will feel like a golden chance has gone. A win under our belts and with a fortnight off the players could go into the final phase with real hope. 

Yep.... Hopefully we can get a bit of noise going to gee them up. Will be interesting to see how many saints fans come

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

London must be rubbing their hands at this one, should be an easy 2 points. They won when Saints rested 5 last month so having at least 10 out should pose no problems.

Its tough on the other relegation teams but given they have virtually won the hub cap already it’s no surprise. They’ll likely be resting players all the way through to the play-offs now I reckon.

I think the Saints players should make the most of being in the big smoke... Get them out in Covent Garden the night before for a drink up then hit the clubs.... They've won the shield anyway so why not.... 

3 hours ago, Hanrag said:

It’s also unfair that some teams had Saints as their loop fixture so play us three times. We also have to play Leeds the week before Wembley if we get to the final - a double whammy for HKR?

yep, would agree.  Doesn't seem right given the different fixture lists for the teams. That's a rational for play-offs at the bottom too.   

Sooner fixtures are consistent as to whom a team plays the better.... or should have play-offs

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Its the sort of signing we kind of deserve I guess.... Bit of journeyman half to replace Abdul

Not disappointed just not excited either

Both are victims of the loan system and a similar age but two distinctly different styles.  He’s only 24 and imo, if he can stay in the side, will be a good addition.

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think the Saints players should make the most of being in the big smoke... Get them out in Covent Garden the night before for a drink up then hit the clubs.... They've won the shield anyway so why not.... 

What a fantastic idea!

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Most in the squad probably won’t be old enough to drink. 

17 hours ago, Hanrag said:

It’s also unfair that some teams had Saints as their loop fixture so play us three times. We also have to play Leeds the week before Wembley if we get to the final - a double whammy for HKR?

If we get to the Final!

Are you resting players against Halifax as well then?

Rest 3 or 4 key players against London,fine. Thats team management.

Any more and you are bringing the game into disrepute.

Dumb, but I'll sail this ship alone.

Archived