21 Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 3pm

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/19 at 14:00

If we hadn't won today I don't think we ever would have. Hull fully dominant aside from the few minutes after the interception which lifted Leeds and the crowd. Current Leeds really a shadow of the teams that we have dreaded visiting Headingley to play in the past. Can't say I even enjoyed it as was still convinced until the hooter we would somehow manage to lose it. I think most FC fans just as nervous.. was very quite in our end I thought.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MZH said:

Briscoe try.

As I said. Hull just don't win at Headingley. Safest bet in sport.

Just read this mate, wtf you on about?

Never in doubt.

????

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

34 minutes ago, Jarv said:

If we hadn't won today I don't think we ever would have. Hull fully dominant aside from the few minutes after the interception which lifted Leeds and the crowd. Current Leeds really a shadow of the teams that we have dreaded visiting Headingley to play in the past. Can't say I even enjoyed it as was still convinced until the hooter we would somehow manage to lose it. I think most FC fans just as nervous.. was very quite in our end I thought.

You were fully dominant for 15 minutes in the first half, Id say apart from a few stupid mistakes we either matched or were marginally better than you in the other 65mins.

it was a goal kicking masterclass from both sides today as well

But ultimately it means nothing as we didn’t get the 2 points.

I thought your fans were good value and added to a good atmosphere and an entertaining game.

I thought the ref was OK, a bit hesitant sometimes and inconsistent but he’s young and like young players they take a bit of time to adjust to SL.

don't mind hesitation of the decisions are correct and they don't make howlers.The overall problem is Ganson and the RFL and the way they force refs to ignore the laws of the game and the 'interpretation' of the, it hinders the officials massively and as a consequence puts more onto them when it should be on the players to conform on the basis that they know refs/touchies will deffo ping them.

1 minute ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

don't mind hesitation of the decisions are correct and they don't make howlers.The overall problem is Ganson and the RFL and the way they force refs to ignore the laws of the game and the 'interpretation' of the, it hinders the officials massively and as a consequence puts more onto them when it should be on the players to conform on the basis that they know refs/touchies will deffo ping them.

He didn’t make an howlers, he was just a bit inconsistent with awarding things like high tackles and off sides, other than that he went OK and did try let the game flow

Cracking photo.

Ratu Naulago touches down against Leeds

What a game!  Kept the crowd gripped right till the end.

Thoroughly enjoyable day out in t Leeds and being a Hull FC fan a great result.

So is Headingley the best 3 sided ground in SL?  I think so ?

67118377_2570567716330864_4618863462829785088_n.jpg

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

7 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Glad you enjoyed it ?

What did you think of the new set up?

It's been criticised for not having any atmosphere but I think yesterday proved that is Leeds can start to play anything like decent the Atmosphere will be back, It was probably the best it has been since the new stands were built 

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Glad you enjoyed it ?

What did you think of the new set up?

It's been criticised for not having any atmosphere but I think yesterday proved that is Leeds can start to play anything like decent the Atmosphere will be back, It was probably the best it has been since the new stands were built 

Thought the atmosphere was fine - also noticed quite a few FC fans sat in the stands which was nice.

South Stand was as vociferous as ever so no complaints about the atmosphere from me ?

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

39 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Some wrong uns at the back!

24 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

If this photo is a fair reflection of Hull FC/RL support in general then they/the game are going to have a numbers issue in a decade or two...

Who's that twonk that looks like he's just walked off the set of "Peaky Blinders" at the back?

2 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

What was the gate? Looked pretty bare behind sticks in Leeds end. Hull always take a few thousand,so if had have been against Huddersfield then you could take 3000 off easily 

The increased number of seats are being pretty well populated but despite there being lower standing capacity in the South Stand it is not selling out. So much for the "hard core" (yes I know some will hgave moved up to the seats).

The Carnegie Terrace has been looking a bit spartan this year so the pattern of where people have ended up after it all is quite interesting.

30 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Better than these two?...

FB_IMG_1563790866588.thumb.jpg.7a045314a336d8784c21320e03388a4f.jpg

FB_IMG_1563790645421.thumb.jpg.8de7b0b3bbef90f763efcf1bee6b94c7.jpg

Reckon Briscoe will cop a ban for that.

19 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Reckon Briscoe will cop a ban for that.

Those still images don't really show what happened, at the time I thought you would get an 8 point try but watching it back, I'm not sure it's Briscoe that causes him to end up in that position

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

During the second half, Sneyd tried a kick behind the Leeds line that rolled dead. Almost to a man, the South Stand erupted with a "SNEEEYD" roar, taking the p*ss.

5 minutes to go, 24-20, and Naulago scores in the corner. Up steps Sneyd with the chance to convert from the touchline, right in front of all those baying Leeds fans.

We were stood on the Western Terrace, about a hundred yards away and it was suggested that we would know how good the kick was from the sound of the South Stand.

From the moment it left his boot you could have heard a pin drop.

He's almost guaranteed to pay that back with interest and it's always very enjoyable when he does.

I'm sure there wasn't a person in the ground who expected him to miss. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

If this photo is a fair reflection of Hull FC/RL support in general then they/the game are going to have a numbers issue in a decade or two...

Or it could simply be the less gloomy scenario that the youngsters are down the front because they wouldn't be able to see at the back.

Just a thought.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

Jesus! How old is Bingo? I thought he'd left us years ago.

rldfsignature.jpg

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Some wrong uns at the back!

The Whalebone Massive you mean!

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

Archived