18 Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of trouble in camp at wakey. Plus Chester doesn't seem to know how to get them playing as a team. They were clueless last week against cas and I don't see how they can have improved since then. Wakey are a shambolic outfit and no matter how weak Wigan are they should have no trouble with this game.

Bookies giving wakey 16pts start is a fair clue. Myself I think wakey would need at least 24pts on the handicap

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Bit of trouble in camp at wakey. Plus Chester doesn't seem to know how to get them playing as a team. They were clueless last week against cas and I don't see how they can have improved since then. Wakey are a shambolic outfit and no matter how weak Wigan are they should have no trouble with this game.

Bookies giving wakey 16pts start is a fair clue. Myself I think wakey would need at least 24pts on the handicap

I don't bet thankfully, but I would be amazed if Trinity did not put a shift in. 

Wakey seem to have fallen flat these past few weeks, from the highlights I saw against Cas they looked very poor and far from a team, others on here talk of unrest, too many ego's in play? Chester says how bad they are playing but seems unable to take any decisive action to stop the rot.

Wigan by as many as they can be bothered to score?

I am surprised to see Trinity in dire straits, as they have been well coached, with a well put together squad, for years now. They have beaten Wigan year in, year out, and will have a much bigger pack, even with their absentees. Last year’s Trinity would win this game by a distance simply because we have at most 1 senior prop to choose from. 

It will be fascinating to see how Wigan perform. It looks increasingly that we are too good to be relegated, but too poorly coached to challenge in the play offs (if we get there), and so the focus then becomes looking at what signs of potential the players show,  or whether there is any progress in defensive structure, game management, resilience or attacking structure. Lam has had 8 months to instil some sort of plan and order, but it is almost impossible even to discern what he is trying to do. I was astonished he was given the job for 2020, and tonight will be another chance to see how well or ill judged that decision is. 

This reminds me so much of an identical televised fixture quite a few years back.  Kear was in charge and both he and the team were getting a lot of flack.  I went along expecting the worst but needing to show the coach some support during a tough period.  Can't even remember the result. 

Deja vu.

Hope we have some positional changes.  Jowitt at the back, Jones-Bishop in the stands (which will be a lot nearer to the touchline than he normally stands) for starters.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

A big gap to reverse through - I'm sure a lot of us would have liked that kind of space when taking our driving tests.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hardaker in for Wigan's second, which he converts for a 12:0 lead..

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Isa good, Isa good!

Another musical reference for the teenagers, there.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived