18 Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/19 at 18:45

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Radford out! :kolobok_angry2:

Plagiarism at it's finest.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughoughly enjoyed the game. Sometimes you just have to sit back and admire the show. Not every game can be a a titanic battle closely fought.

It was obvious from about minute 10 that there would be no way back for Wakefield, though the introduction of the two giant Wakefield subs slowed things down a little. Shame that Pauli Pauli was poorly. The Wakefield tries exposed a Wigan weakness, but by then it was far too late. Impressed by the improvement in Wigan in recent weeks and still lots of work to be done. Williams and Farrell excelled, I thought and Williams will be missed very much next season. Did we miss O'loughlin and Leului (spelling? Well, it is 3 am!) 

11 hours ago, Loiner said:

Wow the knives are really out.

Think that particular knife was already out when Tom Johnstone was top of the try scorers, David Fifita was an early contender for man of steel and Wakey were sitting in 3rd place.  Whatever.

What an awful performance.  Don't think I've left a game so early since we got thrashed at Halifax back in 2000.  Andy Kelly's last game in charge if I remember rightly.  Where is John Harbin when you need him.

Hats off to any Wakey fans, in there own transport, who stayed till the end.

?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

54 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Think that particular knife was already out when Tom Johnstone was top of the try scorers, David Fifita was an early contender for man of steel and Wakey were sitting in 3rd place.  Whatever.

What an awful performance.  Don't think I've left a game so early since we got thrashed at Halifax back in 2000.  Andy Kelly's last game in charge if I remember rightly.  Where is John Harbin when you need him.

Hats off to any Wakey fans, in there own transport, who stayed till the end.

?

Well I never, you mean other teams fans leave early? Shock horror, who would have thought it.

9 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well I never, you mean other teams fans leave early? Shock horror, who would have thought it.

Must be something in the air?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

10 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

I guess we will see in the next few weeks won't we?

We have two perennial bottlers at the top of the table, and a serial winner catching up so anything could happen.

Yes. Clogiron is being mean spirited. Wigan won easily enough with a young pack which Wigan fans can appreciate.  There is a long stretch to get to 3rd though. Never mind 4th.  The way things keep going however, Wigan are always going to be short due to injuries.

A pity Bullock is effectively out for the season, which is another blow.  I like Bullock but if he gets back fit I do think he needs a good close season and lose a few pounds. But Smithies seems to be coming on.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 17:30, Agbrigg said:

Bit of trouble in camp at wakey. Plus Chester doesn't seem to know how to get them playing as a team. They were clueless last week against cas and I don't see how they can have improved since then. Wakey are a shambolic outfit and no matter how weak Wigan are they should have no trouble with this game.

Bookies giving wakey 16pts start is a fair clue. Myself I think wakey would need at least 24pts on the handicap

My own personal opinion is that the players are no longer playing for the coach. You cannot lay all the blame on to the halves even though they are not producing or creating anything. The problem is with the forwards. They are not taking the ball in and their metres gained is pathetic. The halves cannot operate without a good platform to work from. Too much off loading by the pack. They are there to gain the hard yards, not to get involved in the "niceties" of the game. I suspect that the team "play to orders" on the field, no flair or footie off the cuff. Nine out of ten defeats. A shocking situation. Not looking good.

10 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

My own personal opinion is that the players are no longer playing for the coach. You cannot lay all the blame on to the halves even though they are not producing or creating anything. The problem is with the forwards. They are not taking the ball in and their metres gained is pathetic. The halves cannot operate without a good platform to work from. Too much off loading by the pack. They are there to gain the hard yards, not to get involved in the "niceties" of the game. I suspect that the team "play to orders" on the field, no flair or footie off the cuff. Nine out of ten defeats. A shocking situation. Not looking good.

9 out of 10 games lost. Wow that is bad. Questions do have to be asked of what's going on. 

Wigan for me, do look a play off threat, if they can get all their men fit.

I am thinking more and more though this Saints team will grind out the close wins when needed, Coote at FB and Fages at HB instead of Barba and Richardson last year in the POs gives them more defensive solidity and calm under pressure. Saints win over Wigan last week was a big moment.

Archived