Reserve Grade - NCL

The championship clubs who are looking to start off the reserve grade teams will tempt the best amateur players from the clubs and promise them everything, seen it all before, then jack them off when a better player comes along.

Hull FC have regularly played 2 players from Beverley and 1 from Skirlaugh in the reserves and they are the ones I know about, the player from Skirlaugh played against Myton at the weekend and comes and goes as the reserves don’t play every week.

So whatever forms they are signing allows them to play for both so some form of dual registration is already in place despite the NCL voting against it

6 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Hull FC have regularly played 2 players from Beverley and 1 from Skirlaugh in the reserves and they are the ones I know about, the player from Skirlaugh played against Myton at the weekend and comes and goes as the reserves don’t play every week.

So whatever forms they are signing allows them to play for both so some form of dual registration is already in place despite the NCL voting against it

That is a temporary arrangement for Hull for this year only as they committed to a  reserve grade expecting all Super league clubs to do the same and provide a full fixture list.Rather than sign them on the RFL gave dispensation to play up to 5 as amateurs.

Next year it has been proposed that SL clubs (reserves will be mandatory ) will be limited to 2 amateurs each.

4 hours ago, del capo said:

That is a temporary arrangement for Hull for this year only as they committed to a  reserve grade expecting all Super league clubs to do the same and provide a full fixture list.Rather than sign them on the RFL gave dispensation to play up to 5 as amateurs.

Next year it has been proposed that SL clubs (reserves will be mandatory ) will be limited to 2 amateurs each.

Not a problem but when the league voted against and as has been said the professionals will get what they want, goes against the grain

12 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Not a problem but when the league voted against and as has been said the professionals will get what they want, goes against the grain

Defender sometimes it feels a bit like that Dutch kid with his finger in the dam

The  existing Pro  dual reg will not happen in NCL.

The pro /semi pro game is now so impoverished that amateur terms could well be the new norm. The task is to minimise the impact on us  by limiting numbers and the RFL are well aware of the arguments. Tentative figures for Champ and below  are  suggested if not  quite yet agreed

Finger still in that dam....

On 13/08/2019 at 21:44, del capo said:

Defender sometimes it feels a bit like that Dutch kid with his finger in the dam

The  existing Pro  dual reg will not happen in NCL.

The pro /semi pro game is now so impoverished that amateur terms could well be the new norm. The task is to minimise the impact on us  by limiting numbers and the RFL are well aware of the arguments. Tentative figures for Champ and below  are  suggested if not  quite yet agreed

Finger still in that dam....

Finger or thin edge of the wedge ?

Can clubs afford to lose players and what is going to protect a club from having five pro clubs taking two players each from one NCL club

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

As I keep saying where are the players going to come from? 

31 fixtures in the YML only 15 results, and only 8 results in the NWC and a handful of fixtures around the rest of the country, committees and governing bodies have driven the Pennine and Hull leagues into virtual oblivion, U16 and U18 rugby is on its ###### after being robbed of its players by the academy’s. It has got progressively worse in recent times despite Marketing departments saying everything is fantastic 

On 18/08/2019 at 11:56, Defender1 said:

As I keep saying where are the players going to come from? 

31 fixtures in the YML only 15 results, and only 8 results in the NWC and a handful of fixtures around the rest of the country, committees and governing bodies have driven the Pennine and Hull leagues into virtual oblivion, U16 and U18 rugby is on its ###### after being robbed of its players by the academy’s. It has got progressively worse in recent times despite Marketing departments saying everything is fantastic 

I honestly can't see why the so called leaders can't see this, on the other hand if they can see it but are just ignoring it then what's in it for them ?

20 hours ago, Marauder said:

I honestly can't see why the so called leaders can't see this, on the other hand if they can see it but are just ignoring it then what's in it for them ?

I honestly think the RFL think everything is fine, well in public anyway 

10 hours ago, Defender1 said:

I honestly think the RFL think everything is fine, well in public anyway 

I do as well, for some reason they feel that turning back is a sign of weakness instead of it being a sign of strength.

Archived