Derwent park stadium in progress?

troutmaster

The men are now installing the posts,The grass is looking well and is firm to the foot so hopefully it will stop raining and let the field dry out for sunday,and cannot wait to see it fully marked out...UTT....  

Hope it doesn't stop raining . Since it was seeded a few weeks ago ,  The same few volunteers  have put in a lot of time and effort going down to the ground 2/3 times a day, 7 days a week,  in this dry spell to water the Pitch , even after watching  Town play on BP ,we were right over to DP moving the sprinkler system over to do another part of the Pitch ,If it hadn't been watered as often, you wouldn't be looking at pictures of the Pitch as above  . So I think the Sprinkler team are due a well earned rest . keep raining  for a few days at least !. UTT

The pitch looks very good considering the time scales involved hopefully the attendance this Sunday will surpass some of those at borough park.With reference to the reds,are the clubs still working together and with the reds shear number of games and vulnerability to waterlogging,is there a chance that football may still be played at derwent park sometime this season?

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

The pitch looks very good considering the time scales involved hopefully the attendance this Sunday will surpass some of those at borough park.With reference to the reds,are the clubs still working together and with the reds shear number of games and vulnerability to waterlogging,is there a chance that football may still be played at derwent park sometime this season?

I would say no there wont be any football at DP this season, the board cant move the club even for one game without a shareholder vote. extensive work is starting on the BP pitch this week, there is a possibility we may ask reverse our 1st fixture to away.

Very petty stance to take as Danny Grainger is very impressed with the playing surface at DP and wants his team to play Football on a good surface.If BP is not ready then to switch the 1st home game could be financially a big loss to the Club as I am sure you would get a big crowd at DP and the Sponsors facilities are far superior.A good few Town fans I know have said they would attend and the Novelty of Reds playing there might pull in quite a few of the floating fans that we usually see for Cup Games.

I agree,  but the directors would have to call an egm and have a shareholders vote, how much does that cost to send out the letters to everyone 

this is what was on the agenda at the egm back in March when ever it was, the board wanted to be able to move the Club for a period of no more than 8 games (without share holder approval) was rejected. the 3 biggest shareholders (dont live locally, one is a director at rangers I believe as well) rejected the proposal, the 2 largest (ibrox holdings) can out vote everyone combined.

3 hours ago, rockerlad said:

I agree,  but the directors would have to call an egm and have a shareholders vote, how much does that cost to send out the letters to everyone 

this is what was on the agenda at the egm back in March when ever it was, the board wanted to be able to move the Club for a period of no more than 8 games (without share holder approval) was rejected. the 3 biggest shareholders (dont live locally, one is a director at rangers I believe as well) rejected the proposal, the 2 largest (ibrox holdings) can out vote everyone combined.

They are not also Allerdale councillors in there spare time by any chance ?

2 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Sandwith not a big hitter!!!!!,My god,that will be bitter pill for him to swallow.???⚽

Not a big hitter? I'm very surprised seeing how he's a top bat man ??

Archived