Wigan v Hull FC game brought forward 2 days

8 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well that's nice of Sky, isn't it?

We've been well and truly rogered there.

Have to take it on the chin but I don’t know the real reason, other than to fill the Thursday slot.  

These short turnaround for all clubs are just daft imo.  If you want to see more injuries in the game this is one if the ingredients.

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Have to take it on the chin but I don’t know the real reason, other than to fill the Thursday slot.  

These short turnaround for all clubs are just daft imo.  If you want to see more injuries in the game this is one if the ingredients.

Feels more like the part of the anatomy Wellsy was referring to.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I understand Sky requesting changes but such short notice is ridiculous. In any future TV negotiations Super League should certainly look to regain more control over its schedule and the notice given to changes like this.

20 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Well SL take Sky's money with no problem so that's the nature of the beast Iam afraid! 

As Billy Thompson the ex referee said once, "If Sky say a Monday night kick off on the Moon, that's when they will have to play".

13 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

It's not fair on the travelling supporters never mind home ones but Sky aren't bothered about them, only the armchair fans. 

Same with football, the fans who actually attend the games are way down on Sky's priority list. 

22 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Well SL take Sky's money with no problem so that's the nature of the beast Iam afraid! 

But there is no reason the Thursday game cannot be programmes in right at the start. Beyond that, I can see why a specific game could be chosen on a Friday, but most games might be ok for fans on Friday's.

Why can't it be another pair of teams? It seems rather unfair given that one of the teams is playing in a CC semi 5 days beforehand, the RFL should say no, choose two other teams to play on Thursday!

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

As Billy Thompson the ex referee said once, "If Sky say a Monday night kick off on the Moon, that's when they will have to play".

Won't happen as nobody would watch it, people prefer a match with some atmosphere.

28 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Won't happen as nobody would watch it, people prefer a match with some atmosphere.

Some Super League grounds aren't crackling with atmosphere, especially when none or hardly any away fans turn up. 

15 hours ago, Damien said:

I understand Sky requesting changes but such short notice is ridiculous. In any future TV negotiations Super League should certainly look to regain more control over its schedule and the notice given to changes like this.

One team will be busting a gut to get through a semi final, another will be resting.  If Hull (and they well might do) play a side full of reserves there could be SL & RFL interventions or/and the fans don't get to see a fair contest.

I feel sorry for FC, who are handicapped by virtue of doing much better in the cup, and for those Wigan fans who could have gone on the original date but now won’t be able to do so. Having been on the other side of this,  it seems inherently unfair for Wigan to gain an undeserved advantage. I think the FC - Wire game could be a brutal classic, possibly the game of the season. 2 great clubs and 2 great teams with everything to play for. It will be very hard for FC to get up again. 

15 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Why can't it be another pair of teams? It seems rather unfair given that one of the teams is playing in a CC semi 5 days beforehand, the RFL should say no, choose two other teams to play on Thursday!

The RFL have diddly squat to do with it. Super League are their own entity 

Archived