Reserves

RogerT

41 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not criticising the club at all, what they are doing is all above board, just certain fans who have been very vocal about this very issue regarding other teams yet go quiet when their own club uses the maximum number of loanees.

I agree with this 100%. But as yet we haven't accused any clubs of selling their souls. 

48 minutes ago, mountieman21 said:

Hardly household names unlike yours who have appeared in Grand Finals. Go back to sleep and dream of the announcement of the next Leeds squad.

Newman has come to prominence with the experience he had in the championship playing against the likes of Batley. Same could be said of Handley. Walters and Ormondroyd are Fev players and as for Briscoe he does play very occasionally for Leeds. The five loanees that you are using this week will too get valuable experience playing against top champioship sides. The young talent playing at Fev and other clubs around the league are gaining valuable experience. The alternative is to be sat on their backsides at these greedy super league clubs. It is they that are thwarting British talent. Like most fans noone likes DR but I shudder to think how much talent would have walked away without it. Lets hope next years reserve league system will nurture more talent that perhaps one day will be signing for the likes of Fev and Batley.

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Just had a look at the Batley squad for this weekend. As far as I can tell, in the squad there are two Huddersfield players (Sam Wood and Reiss Butterworth), two Leeds players (Jack Broadbent and Sam Walters) and one Hull player (Lewis Bienek). Have I got this wrong, or have you actually named the maximum five loan players this week? If so, where's the outrage that seems reserved for other clubs when they do the same thing?

Your absolutely  right. And I still totally disagree with it. Weather its my club or any other club it needs scrapping. Its just  spoiling my favourite sport. Clubs managed without it before and can do again.  Its like leigh splashing the cash like it's going out of fashion,  but for what they aint gonna  get into sl and begin they know it they will be in financial difficulties again. You would have thought they would have learned by now, suppose old habits die hard.

If Leigh invest and reach 2nd spot what is ithat worth in monies from the RFL next season?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

If Leigh invest and reach 2nd spot what is ithat worth in monies from the RFL next season?

I don't think the rfl have decided yet, but league position only forms part of the funding criteria afaik.

8 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Just had a look at the Batley squad for this weekend. As far as I can tell, in the squad there are two Huddersfield players (Sam Wood and Reiss Butterworth), two Leeds players (Jack Broadbent and Sam Walters) and one Hull player (Lewis Bienek). Have I got this wrong, or have you actually named the maximum five loan players this week? If so, where's the outrage that seems reserved for other clubs when they do the same thing?

yep we are learning fast.....

or is that slow  ? ( 21 games )

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Nothing like it was two years ago. It certainly won't balance against the expenditure.

Still, if you have more money than you know what to do with, how would you spend it? I reckon that only PM on this forum is in a position to respond.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The batley loan players have 20-30 super league appearances between them Sam wood been the collector of the most... jack broadbent and Sam Walters are the future of the British game along with Newman smithes etc it showed last year against the Aussies in two tests in December..  Bienek & Butterworth have played more championship rugby in the last two seasons than anything same with wood really who made his SL debut in 2016 under rick stone and has hardly featured under Woolford despite Huddersfield form and injuries... anyway cut the dual reg ###### & stick to month or season loans with no call back 

• 5 months later...

as a former reserves player it would be good to see the younger talent on display plenty of fans made the games but through injury i didnt an its a shame alot of talent is being missed even at a reserve level because these lads will give up trying #rugbyleague x

Eh up lumby hope your well your kid too. Nothing ever happened with heckmondwike panthers arlfc reunion night! (Marc white)

All comes down to funds and competion.  Even when a squad is formulated and good to go there seemed little interest from rival clubs with super league elite mainly running scholarships and academies then dual reg palava.

Few lads trickled upwards from batley boys juniors to giants this year

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived