A teams.

spanishknight

Glad to see the return of the A team system, young and upcoming players given a chance to progress , plus guys coming back from injury easing themselves back in .

Last but not least , should virtually make dual reg extinct .

31 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Glad to see the return of the A team system, young and upcoming players given a chance to progress , plus guys coming back from injury easing themselves back in .

Last but not least , should virtually make dual reg extinct .

no it won't next year academy reduced to under 18's so super greed  will  have a glut of 19 year old's  needing to step up to  the next level and it will be better for player in first team squad to  play in the championship than against a bunch of kids on a thursday night

All very well reigniting the reserve grade for the pro clubs who take it up, my question is where are all the players coming from to fulfill a weekly league program ? Add to this those who already run an existing  academy  as well that's a lot of players  

8 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Next season 11 Super League clubs along with several Championship clubs are running reserve teams, hope the Knights are one of them, used to love watching the A team on a Thursday night and before that on a Saturday afternoon at Wiggy road.

Well worth the 10 bob to watch any AN OTHER given a run out.

Depending on what day/night they want to play I think if the RFL allow (big if) we could be pretty inventive if we were accepted. This would give us scope to take a team "on the road" without risking 1st team to likes or Scarborough or Malton (A64 towns) or New ventures like Whitby. Or we could be looking at Garforth/Wetherby/Selby/Harrogate or even simply York Acorn/Heworth. Not sure exactly what the stadium requirements would be if its mid week which most are at present it will limit it some what and I hope all games aren't played at Haxby 1pm on a Wednesday afternoon because its easy and it suits some. 

3 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Depending on what day/night they want to play I think if the RFL allow (big if) we could be pretty inventive if we were accepted. This would give us scope to take a team "on the road" without risking 1st team to likes or Scarborough or Malton (A64 towns) or New ventures like Whitby. Or we could be looking at Garforth/Wetherby/Harrogate or even simply York Acorn/Heworth. Not sure exactly what the stadium requirements would be if its mid week which most are at present it will limit it some what and I hope all games aren't played at Haxby 1pm on a Wednesday afternoon because its easy and it suits some. 

Last time we had  an 'A' team the games were played on a Thursday night, that way any players returning from injury could play half a game then play on the Sunday in the first team.

35 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Depending on what day/night they want to play I think if the RFL allow (big if) we could be pretty inventive if we were accepted. This would give us scope to take a team "on the road" without risking 1st team to likes or Scarborough or Malton (A64 towns) or New ventures like Whitby. Or we could be looking at Garforth/Wetherby/Selby/Harrogate or even simply York Acorn/Heworth. Not sure exactly what the stadium requirements would be if its mid week which most are at present it will limit it some what and I hope all games aren't played at Haxby 1pm on a Wednesday afternoon because its easy and it suits some. 

Sounds good to me, low risk and gives the fans who want to a chance to see YCK in other venues in North Yorkshire. A chance to grow the brand, find the next Brinning/Minikin...I’d be all for it if funding allowed.

Archived