(Updated) Rugby League Back Chat - watch it online now

spacer.png

The England 2019 Elite Squad is announced and includes Aussie born Blake Austin. Is this an outrage and if so why? Hasn’t anyone noticed something like this before?
Blood is no stranger to Rugby League but slightly strange is the title of a new comic called ‘Rugby Blood’ courtesy of former Super League player turned actor, Keith Mason. We find out what the story behind it is all about - and the story between the pages. 
Can Batley make a date with Wembley after their golden point win against York in the 1895 cup? An 80 minute encounter with the Eagles on July 28 will reveal all. 
And, from Big Brother to the Betfred Championship, is Channel 4 serious about a TV deal?
Sharing their opinions with host Matt Shaw are actor and former Super League player Keith Mason, Batley CEO Paul Harrison and journalist Phil Caplan.

Watch Rugby League Back Chat today at 5pm (repeated 8pm) on Freesports TV. Check the Freesports TV website for listings and how to access the channel.

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

18 minutes ago, Total Rugby League said:

spacer.png

The England 2019 Elite Squad is announced and includes Aussie born Blake Austin. Is this an outrage and if so why? Hasn’t anyone noticed something like this before?
Blood is no stranger to Rugby League but slightly strange is the title of a new comic called ‘Rugby Blood’ courtesy of former Super League player turned actor, Keith Mason. We find out what the story behind it is all about - and the story between the pages. 
Can Batley make a date with Wembley after their golden point win against York in the 1895 cup? An 80 minute encounter with the Eagles on July 28 will reveal all. 
And, from Big Brother to the Betfred Championship, is Channel 4 serious about a TV deal?
Sharing their opinions with host Matt Shaw are actor and former Super League player Keith Mason, Batley CEO Paul Harrison and journalist Phil Caplan.

Watch Rugby League Back Chat today at 5pm (repeated 8pm) on Freesports TV. Check the Freesports TV website for listings and how to access the channel.

Who's on RL Back Chat? It's normally 4 Caucasian men between 30-55 to be fair.

Yes I know there was a women's SL player on there recently [she was also Caucasian] 

There are more than enough people from different heritage/cultures around RL to address this. It is a decent watch but we have to move with the times guys.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Yes I know there was a women's SL player on there recently [she was also Caucasian] 

There are more than enough people from different heritage/cultures around RL to address this. It is a decent watch but we have to move with the times guys.

Suggest some names of people you'd like to see on it.

I'll pass them on.

But be aware, not everyone who gets invited on can do it. Just because someone hasn't been on Back Chat doesn't mean they've never been invited to be on Back Chat.

9 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Suggest some names of people you'd like to see on it.

I'll pass them on.

But be aware, not everyone who gets invited on can do it. Just because someone hasn't been on Back Chat doesn't mean they've never been invited to be on Back Chat.

With respect John, that's an easy answer - tell us some names. My media company needed to reflect more diversity amongst teenagers and we simply had to get off our backsides and make it happen. I'm sure I could have said the same thing had someone thrown that back at me.

In fairness, it is not just TotalRL. RL in general is failing to reflect society more and more - both in the media and the stands. We just have to make it happen!

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

With respect John, that's an easy answer - tell us some names. My media company needed to reflect more diversity amongst teenagers and we simply had to get off our backsides and make it happen. I'm sure I could have said the same thing had someone thrown that back at me.

In fairness, it is not just TotalRL. RL in general is failing to reflect society more and more - both in the media and the stands. We just have to make it happen!

TotalRL sponsors the show, we don't produce it.

I'm not going to publicly embarrass individuals who have been invited on the show but have not, for multiple reasons, been able to appear on it.

It's a low budget show on a minority TV channel, not The Graham Norton Show, for pity's sake.

I've offered you the opportunity to suggest some potential guests here, which I am quite happy to pass on to the show's host (and my LPL colleague) Matt Shaw in absolute good faith to see if they can come on.

If you'd rather just cast unfounded aspersions about the way the guest list is determined, that's up to you.

38 minutes ago, John Drake said:

TotalRL sponsors the show, we don't produce it.

I'm not going to publicly embarrass individuals who have been invited on the show but have not, for multiple reasons, been able to appear on it.

It's a low budget show on a minority TV channel, not The Graham Norton Show, for pity's sake.

I've offered you the opportunity to suggest some potential guests here, which I am quite happy to pass on to the show's host (and my LPL colleague) Matt Shaw in absolute good faith to see if they can come on.

If you'd rather just cast unfounded aspersions about the way the guest list is determined, that's up to you.

Not at all John, and apologies if it has been misinterpreted. I'm not on here as much as I used to be and I just see what I see. Take a look at the mug shots from the last dozen "who's on RL Back Chat" and you get what I mean! 

I was sat with a bunch of Welsh guys last week and told them I loved RL. They said 'oh yeah, they play that along the M60-whatever". So the challenge is being stereotyped before we even start. We have to stick our neck out much more than we are doing IMO. It is not easy, but nor is anything.

eddie large

Chewbacca 

kate middleton

Charles Bronson ( under supervision of course) 

what channel is this on now? not seen it for a while

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

28 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

In fairness Jermaine Coleman was on the Total RL podcast this week. Martyn Rylance is also on often talking all things French rl

It's easier to get guests from further afield on a podcast because they don't have to physically all be in one place at the same time, as you do for a TV show recording.

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

what channel is this on now? not seen it for a while

It's in the opening post, as it is every week on here.

(Goes off to bang head against the wall, repeatedly).

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It's in the opening post, as it is every week on here.

(Goes off to bang head against the wall, repeatedly).

there was a thing on Jeremy vine about banging your head against the wall, wont do u any good apparently , calm down dear, its only a commercial.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• John Drake changed the title to (Updated) Rugby League Back Chat - watch it online now
On 18/07/2019 at 06:50, Scubby said:

Yes every show should have an asian, black, gay/lesbian, and a person in a wheelchair.

Archived