Leigh sign Higson, Clarke and Sau for SL assault

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ojx said:

So, Mr. Beaumont was telling the players who wouldn't leave last year that they were killing the club, essentially bullying them into leaving. They may have new jobs, but at lower salaries. Now money that could have fulfilled their contracts is being spent on new players. Integrity much?

New money and fantastic fans/sponsors. Sexy Dexy will be all in next season when we are in SL

18 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Why do you have to state TW?  I'm a Leigh fan, but our main concern this season has been survival. I'm currently more concerned about hitting the top 5, as you should be.

You need to look higher, SL promotion will be a distinct possibility if TW continue to implode with the infighting.

49 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Deflection much?

What is your opinion on the way he treated the players at the end of last season?

Not good, it was okay for Ben Crooks, Craig Hall, Peter Maututia, Boden & Jordan Thompson who all found a new club within days, for the rest it was terrible. It was definitely a very embarrassing time to be a Leigh fan. Hope nothing like it EVER happens again.

I was waiting for this thread to pop up and the usual responses have already been thrown out. Nothing wrong with leigh signing players,it's a sport after all,but my personal opinion is that this is a waste of the money we allegedly don't have. Our aim should be top 5,granted,let twp get promoted, they deserve it God only knows,once they are out of the way, then reassess our sl ambitions and see what capital is available for a sustainable promotion bid

Nobody has said Leigh shouldnt sign players or even quality players. But the way the Leigh club treated players like Kevin Larroyer and a couple of others was nothing short of a disgrace last year. The Leigh Centurions were under a signing ban as well for a while under the current people until they sorted the dispute with Larroyer and another then player out.

A person like Derek Beaumont has no morals and is not somebody many people would be proud of to have involved in their club. Maybe he should have been banned from the game for a period after last year. Its angers people Leigh/Beaumont cried wolf and forced people in to a stressful time to try and find other clubs and that Leigh risked going under etc and now 12 Months down the line are throwing money around like Confetti to try and get into SL.

13 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Nobody has said Leigh shouldnt sign players or even quality players. But the way the Leigh club treated players like Kevin Larroyer and a couple of others was nothing short of a disgrace last year. The Leigh Centurions were under a signing ban as well for a while under the current people until they sorted the dispute with Larroyer and another then player out.

A person like Derek Beaumont has no morals and is not somebody many people would be proud of to have involved in their club. Maybe he should have been banned from the game for a period after last year. Its angers people Leigh/Beaumont cried wolf and forced people in to a stressful time to try and find other clubs and that Leigh risked going under etc and now 12 Months down the line are throwing money around like Confetti to try and get into SL.

If DB hadn't 'forced' players to find other clubs, they (the players) would be alot worse off than they are now and there would be no club.  Can't comment on Larroyer, would love to comment on Evans but won't.  No administration, no 12 point penalty ..... anyone like to comment on Widnes instead.  The lack of fact based posts on here is laughable,.... still it has done wonders for the makers of blood pressure medication. ?

Here we go again .....

49 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I was waiting for this thread to pop up and the usual responses have already been thrown out. Nothing wrong with leigh signing players,it's a sport after all,but my personal opinion is that this is a waste of the money we allegedly don't have. Our aim should be top 5,granted,let twp get promoted, they deserve it God only knows,once they are out of the way, then reassess our sl ambitions and see what capital is available for a sustainable promotion bid

Agree with this. Building a stronger foundation will, IMO, serve them better.  Last minute buys for an assault on SL and then what?  If it’s successful then it will need to be another buying spree as the Leigh squad depth is thin.

It seems like a plan on hope.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Agree with this. Building a stronger foundation will, IMO, serve them better.  Last minute buys for an assault on SL and then what?  If it’s successful then it will need to be another buying spree as the Leigh squad depth is thin.

It seems like a plan on hope.

I imagine you have been involved in RL long enough to know the rules LD, apart from the number of clubs you could comfortably count on one hand, that being those who have enough of the Spondulicks to formulate any form of cohesive financial stratergy for success, if you want proof look at 21 years of SL Grand finals and observe just 4 winners, even Warrington with all their resources have not acheived the Holy Grail, all the rest employ " A plan on hope".

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I imagine you have been involved in RL long enough to know the rules LD, apart from the number of clubs you could comfortably count on one hand, that being those who have enough of the Spondulicks to formulate any form of cohesive financial stratergy for success, if you want proof look at 21 years of SL Grand finals and observe just 4 winners, even Warrington with all their resources have not acheived the Holy Grail, all the rest employ " A plan on hope".

I think that’s fair enough Harry, maybe harsh on my part but given how it seemed to fall apart for a short period last year end, they would do well to plan for next year and forget this one.  The conundrum will be if they’re successful in the attempt, then what next?

The only difference I see inTWP is that they have patience.  IMO it ain’t done yet.

Archived