Leigh sign Higson, Clarke and Sau for SL assault

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ojx said:

Leigh are rolling the dice on this. It is not just Toronto they have to get past. Winning in Toulouse will not be easy either, I fancy that Fev could also beat them in a one off play-off. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I don't think this is a case of all in,it's a couple of signings when push comes to shove. I just think it's a pointless waste of money which could be used elsewhere. Let's be truthful,we aren't going up this year,twp,Toulouse,Fev  and York deserve it more. Given the fact we were rattling the collection buckets just prior to the season leaves me with a feeling that we were misinformed over the clubs finances because there's no way the supporters (certainly in the current economic uncertainty) have thrown this much money at the club. Mitch Clark is a loan as I understand so financially I'm not concerned but the others? Local lads have got us this far, why not use this "apparent " money and invest in them

Just now, ojx said:

I don't know, are you assuming Leigh will finish 2nd? Better be hoping for some York defeats too.

All depends on the run in , other than their trip to Leigh who do York still have ?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

All depends on the run in , other than their trip to Leigh who do York still have ?

Actually, I think Leigh have a much easier run in, but York could still beat the teams around them.

1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I don't think this is a case of all in,it's a couple of signings when push comes to shove. I just think it's a pointless waste of money which could be used elsewhere. Let's be truthful,we aren't going up this year,twp,Toulouse,Fev  and York deserve it more. Given the fact we were rattling the collection buckets just prior to the season leaves me with a feeling that we were misinformed over the clubs finances because there's no way the supporters (certainly in the current economic uncertainty) have thrown this much money at the club. Mitch Clark is a loan as I understand so financially I'm not concerned but the others? Local lads have got us this far, why not use this "apparent " money and invest in them

But the other two are really signings for next season, just that they’re available now. 

Suspect DB is more concerned with next week’s semi final than this year’s play offs 

Let’s not forget Featherstone did the same thing aswell, Widnes did the same thing behind closed doors (albeit nearly went bust shortly after) Hull KR did it when they came down as did Bradford and you can bet your bottom dollar whoever comes down this time will do it.

The fact is other than Evans & Larroyer all players accepted a severance payment and were helped to find another club, Evans & Larroyer held out for more money which I can respect.

Players are happy to return because what Derek did has been happening for years in Rugby League and although it appears cut throat at least he gave them a large pay off each rather than just telling them they were unemployed like Widnes did with Albert, Inu, Tangata etc

11 hours ago, Scubby said:

But wouldn't that apply to any time finishing top? That is what a GF format is. 

There has always been a end of season play off. Usually this is because of the uneven fixtures. 

Re. The Championship... basing promotion on a play off is entirely their business. I think it's bonkers, but it will be tasty for everyone except the club (any club) that runs away with it at the top.

43 minutes ago, binosh said:

Let’s not forget Featherstone did the same thing aswell, Widnes did the same thing behind closed doors (albeit nearly went bust shortly after) Hull KR did it when they came down as did Bradford and you can bet your bottom dollar whoever comes down this time will do it.

The fact is other than Evans & Larroyer all players accepted a severance payment and were helped to find another club, Evans & Larroyer held out for more money which I can respect.

Players are happy to return because what Derek did has been happening for years in Rugby League and although it appears cut throat at least he gave them a large pay off each rather than just telling them they were unemployed like Widnes did with Albert, Inu, Tangata etc

no they didn't thakery and widie and others left the club after their one year contracts were finished and paid up all signed for championship clubs apart from tom holmes who signed for huddersfield hock and ridyard asked to be released from their two year contracts and the club agreed the rest of players on two year contracts still at club

12 hours ago, phiggins said:

But the other two are really signings for next season, just that they’re available now. 

Suspect DB is more concerned with next week’s semi final than this year’s play offs 

Just received a text off my mum,she donated 200 pounds to the club,bang goes my inheritance! 

Well , just bumped into Derek , asked him where his ' poncy ' Lambo was and why he was slumming it in the Disco ? , More seats in the Lanny , only 4 in the Lambo , said things are going to be interesting in the next few weeks 

Should be fun 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Well , just bumped into Derek , asked him where his ' poncy ' Lambo was and why he was slumming it in the Disco ? , More seats in the Lanny , only 4 in the Lambo , said things are going to be interesting in the next few weeks 

Should be fun 

Why? Is he going back on twitter? ? 

Or is Kevin Larroyer taking him on Judge Rinder?

Archived