If London Stay up.....

If London stay up it will be the greatest achievement in the SL era.  

They had a small fan base, an inexperienced coach, a short time to make SL quality signings and a lot of players with little or no SL experience. No where near the salary cap. 

Although it seems to be a race to the bottom I think their lack of a big squad is going to catch them out in the end, but overall they aren't the worst team in SL by a long way, there's plenty of others whose had far bigger hammerings than the Broncos ?

19 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Is that £1.2m spread over 25 players? I'm not having a pop I'm just trying to understand why the full funding wasn't used being Londons first season back in SL..

Can’t profess to having any inside knowledge but David Hughes has said publicly he prefers spending money on youth development than expensive imports etc

15 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

I dread them staying up. If Leeds or HKR go down the sport could potentially lose 4-5000 fans which it cannot afford to. If London go down the difference will be tiny. 

We need big clubs with great support in our premier competition.

I know let's do away with promotion & relegation (and wouldn't this season have been interesting without it!)   in fact stop awarding points for wins, every game like a master's comp, and just let the clubs wave their balance sheets at each other,. Leeds would win every year mind and Salford would finish bottom but what does it matter all the big clubs would be in their rightful place?

26 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

I dread them staying up. If Leeds or HKR go down the sport could potentially lose 4-5000 fans which it cannot afford to. If London go down the difference will be tiny. 

Why can’t fans watch their club in the Championship? 

19 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I know let's do away with promotion & relegation (and wouldn't this season have been interesting without it!)   in fact stop awarding points for wins, every game like a master's comp, and just let the clubs wave their balance sheets at each other,. Leeds would win every year mind and Salford would finish bottom but what does it matter all the big clubs would be in their rightful place?

I agree.  That's why the NRL are in such a terrible mess.9

20 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

If London stay up it will be the greatest achievement in the SL era.  

They had a small fan base, an inexperienced coach, a short time to make SL quality signings and a lot of players with little or no SL experience. No where near the salary cap. 

what greater than winning a treble, or double or number of years on the trot the grand final , etc etc...

one could make a case that the teams competing for going down are just so poor than any championship team would be competing hard to stay up - like Bradford or Halifax beating a couple of those teams.

Just trying to put it into a context... yep they are doing well and good luck to them but I personally would not say its the greatest achievement...

3 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

Hull KR average attendances

SL 2018: 7964

Championship 2017: 7429

SL 2016: 7808

Would you care to revise your predictions of 'potentially losing 4-5000 fans'?

3 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Theres also a big difference between 1 year in the championship and 2. 

Thanks for the insight Scotchy, but as a Bulls fan I don't really need lessons on what it means to get stuck in the lower division!

8 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

The appeal of the "Premier Competition" needs to be spread into the void between Sheffield and London (no offence Coventry). We need more big clubs with more great supporters, everywhere. 

Archived