Fans Forum

mightyship

49 minutes ago, mightyship said:

I wasn’t able to make the forum this evening. Anything of note to report?

I didn’t make it either, but there’s another Aussie coming in within next couple of week. Jack Bussey out for rest of season due to reaccurance of his injury, and there’s a new squad builder initiative at £10 per month for fans to join    

Im Fev and im proud

Various ways of strengthening the club were discussed and the need for more income if we wanted to be SL. The price of beer was mentioned and a suggestion that we lowered the price to compere with other beer sellers. It appears that our overheads are much bigger so our prices are higher. The land application  has not been decided yet and further discussion is in hand. We appear to still be in discussion over our fine. The £10 is to give us some extra income. Cards were handed out with standing order details on it to the club and the figure shown is £10 monthly with no expiry date. The club is looking for 200 to 300 participants. Either contact David Longo for further information or take the completed card in to the office and see Veronica. I left at 8.45 so there might be more info than I have shown. We were told that the team is looking to strengthen further and new signings will be effected in due course.

Somebody asked me how I would activate the lower beer prices. It is too late for this season but for the next season anybody getting a season ticket would be offered a 28 squared voucher for an extra small fee. That voucher could then be presented by anybody, friends or relatives if the season ticket holder was not available and stamped when the beer is provided. When the 28 stamped items are done the reduced payment is ended. To enable a season ticket holder to invite his friends the voucher could be used for any number of people but for each drink the voucher is stamped. For a lone drinker the 28 squares allow him  extra drinks a game. Easy to apply. I don't know the figures but it would be interesting to know how much we make a pint now and how much if the price was lowered but more customers came in. The small extra fee could be as low as a £1. There is clear evidence that a lot of match day people go to local pubs. The season ticket would save them on entry price and the scheme would enable them to obtain beer at local pub prices. Worth a try out.

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Somebody asked me how I would activate the lower beer prices. It is too late for this season but for the next season anybody getting a season ticket would be offered a 28 squared voucher for an extra small fee. That voucher could then be presented by anybody, friends or relatives if the season ticket holder was not available and stamped when the beer is provided. When the 28 stamped items are done the reduced payment is ended. To enable a season ticket holder to invite his friends the voucher could be used for any number of people but for each drink the voucher is stamped. For a lone drinker the 28 squares allow him  extra drinks a game. Easy to apply. I don't know the figures but it would be interesting to know how much we make a pint now and how much if the price was lowered but more customers came in. The small extra fee could be as low as a £1. There is clear evidence that a lot of match day people go to local pubs. The season ticket would save them on entry price and the scheme would enable them to obtain beer at local pub prices. Worth a try out.

That voucher would last me three home games if one square equaled a pint so is a no goer imo.At a Holiday resort near Skegness the Pub offered a loyalty card which took an amount off beer when presented for the year and proved very popular especially with locals who kept the Pub ( The Lookout if anyone knows it ) quite full in Winter when normally there would be a poor turnout. I think this is the best option but I’m sure the Club have explored most avenues.

On 19/07/2019 at 07:36, jamescolin said:

Various ways of strengthening the club were discussed and the need for more income if we wanted to be SL. The price of beer was mentioned and a suggestion that we lowered the price to compere with other beer sellers. It appears that our overheads are much bigger so our prices are higher. The land application  has not been decided yet and further discussion is in hand. We appear to still be in discussion over our fine. The £10 is to give us some extra income. Cards were handed out with standing order details on it to the club and the figure shown is £10 monthly with no expiry date. The club is looking for 200 to 300 participants. Either contact David Longo for further information or take the completed card in to the office and see Veronica. I left at 8.45 so there might be more info than I have shown. We were told that the team is looking to strengthen further and new signings will be effected in due course.

rubbish we own the clubhouse so overheads are our own making simple solution buy cheaper beer

It is obviously another option. How much does the loyalty card reduce the price by? Again we have to look at the overall income against expenditure. If the club has looked at  options then why doesn't it give us a clue as to which path it could go down? I have spoken to quite a few people who have complained about prices and a compromise of some sort is required. Loyalty is asked for on one side  but customer satisfaction is the other side which requires attention.

5 minutes ago, POR said:

rubbish we own the clubhouse so overheads are our own making simple solution buy cheaper beer

That was what was quoted at the meeting. I was looking at ways of helping the club get more drinkers instead of going elsewhere. Some figures would help us. We try to help the club but quite a lot of details are not to hand. 

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

It is obviously another option. How much does the loyalty card reduce the price by? Again we have to look at the overall income against expenditure. If the club has looked at  options then why doesn't it give us a clue as to which path it could go down? I have spoken to quite a few people who have complained about prices and a compromise of some sort is required. Loyalty is asked for on one side  but customer satisfaction is the other side which requires attention.

See my comment on another thread. Why are people complaining about 50p on a pint, yet are prepared to hand over £120 a year? Beats me. If they can see the extra revenue from alcohol and other secondary sales goes to the club, then surely it's worth paying the premium. 

That's not to say ideas such as a loyalty card aren't worth exploring. It's just human behaviour baffles me at times. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

14 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

See my comment on another thread. Why are people complaining about 50p on a pint, yet are prepared to hand over £120 a year? Beats me. If they can see the extra revenue from alcohol and other secondary sales goes to the club, then surely it's worth paying the premium. 

That's not to say ideas such as a loyalty card aren't worth exploring. It's just human behaviour baffles me at times. 

I dont get it either Gazza. People are joining squad builder (Ive yet to do it) Then you see some posts asking what they get out of their ten pound a month. The answer is simple. You should get nothing and neither expect anything. The purpose is to help the club not oneself. You have two choices. Join OR dont join?

10 hours ago, POR said:

Yes agree. It has always baffled me how Pubs don’t follow a winner in the name of Wetherspoon whos secret is to buy beer cheaply due to its short sell by date knowing that they can sell the barrels quickly at a cheaper price so giving the customer value.On the argument of just turning up and staying in the Cappers bar and only spending in there on higher prices just out of loyalty I don’t buy it .Its in everyone’s nature to look for value and I know how dear it is if you are out with all the family and are not as wealthy as some folk.

10 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Yes agree. It has always baffled me how Pubs don’t follow a winner in the name of Wetherspoon whos secret is to buy beer cheaply due to its short sell by date knowing that they can sell the barrels quickly at a cheaper price so giving the customer value.On the argument of just turning up and staying in the Cappers bar and only spending in there on higher prices just out of loyalty I don’t buy it .Its in everyone’s nature to look for value and I know how dear it is if you are out with all the family and are not as wealthy as some folk.

Having said that Wetherspons are used EVERY day and night so beer will soon go, Rovers can't compete with that as its not open as much. 

I suppose the question to be asked is  if the Club house was open every night selling cheap beer with maybe food served, Pub quizz, Bingo and a live group on every Saturday night would the residents fill it , I don’t know?

20 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

I suppose the question to be asked is  if the Club house was open every night selling cheap beer with maybe food served, Pub quizz, Bingo and a live group on every Saturday night would the residents fill it , I don’t know?

No i don't think they would the pubs in Fev just get their regulars in unless something is going off. B & S closed down now so that's another pub/club shut in Fev. 

55 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

the old club house on the car park did packed em in even with websters pennine bitter  monday disco saturday night top turns sunday dinner two for the boys and friday night the world famous grab a granny oh happy days

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Having said that Wetherspons are used EVERY day and night so beer will soon go, Rovers can't compete with that as its not open as much. 

don't have to go down  the weatherspoon route  last year we bought eight gallon keg of bitter from independent brewery 64 pints 64 quid 

1 hour ago, POR said:

the old club house on the car park did packed em in even with websters pennine bitter  monday disco saturday night top turns sunday dinner two for the boys and friday night the world famous grab a granny oh happy days

Remember em well. 

3 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Sadly I think those days are over forever. Clubs who offer the same are closing at a rate of knots.

Looking at Blue Pikes answer to my original suggestion one or two thoughts came to mind. If 28 tokens only lasted him for three games he must be drinking 9 pints a game. If the tokens would be used in three games as he was using them for his mates as well as himself then my original suggestion bears fruit. If those friends were going to matches throughout the season then they would get entry cheaper by having a season ticket. If they had a season ticket they would qualify for the tokens , and so there could be a number of them with 28 tokens each.  Therefore entry cheaper and beer cheaper. Q.E.D

On 26/07/2019 at 05:54, Blue Pike said:

Wetherspoons do not buy short dated beer, fact.

15 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Wetherspoons do not buy short dated beer, fact.

Im almost positive I heard Tim Martin say so on a Radio two programme but hey ho Im not gonna argue on a Fev forum about the price of beer.Wetherspoon are obviously doing something right as two Saturday nights ago I went into the Broken Bridge which is possibly the biggest one I’ve ever been in and had to ask a bloke if his chair next to him was spare as it was packed.Its not just the price of the beer anyway I like to go in the White House and the Last Orders before the Cappers Bar to meet people and have a cal and a laugh.This will never change whether they knock ten pence off a pint or not.Most people are the same, they like to mooch about.

Archived