Leigh Strengthening

mightyship

Looks like Deggsy Beaumont is getting the cheque book out again. Mitch Clark and Adam Higson on loan plus Junior Sau signing a permanent deal from Salford announced on their website yesterday. This on the back of Brierley and Paterson a few weeks back. Though Gareth Hock is retiring after this weekend as well.

i don’t think we saw the best of Leigh when we played them the other week so It’s gonna make the run in to the playoffs interesting.

48 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Looks like Deggsy Beaumont is getting the cheque book out again. Mitch Clark and Adam Higson on loan plus Junior Sau signing a permanent deal from Salford announced on their website yesterday. This on the back of Brierley and Paterson a few weeks back. Though Gareth Hock is retiring after this weekend as well.

i don’t think we saw the best of Leigh when we played them the other week so It’s gonna make the run in to the playoffs interesting.

Not really inspiring signings for me.

Clarke, described by one of our 'guest' posters from another club as a 'ten a penny' second rower. Decent enough player, don't get me wrong but as replacement for Hock could be seen as no improvement.

Sau, a big unit for a back but at 32 is this where you want to be going in building for Super League?

Higson, a decent enough winger but would you want him over Briscoe and Carey?

The Higson signing is permanent not a loan. Even with the additions listed above Fev are still the stronger of the two sides comparing what we have faced . Both sides could have taken points from TWP this season but I feel you still shade it over Leigh.

Clarke not a bad player, bad attitude though, thinks hes better than he is, started well for us, then thought he was bigger than club, when it proved he wasnt cause he got smashed all over at Batley and Halifax knocked him about aswell. Sau been off the pace a while now, salford and wakie didnt want him, looks like a last payday for him at leigh, he will be usefull near line, but wouldnt worry too much about him. Higson decent winger give him good service he will finish them, but so would most decent wingers at this level. Leigh play some good rugby, but carr had them sussed, plenty of numbers outwide in defence and they panic a bit when there not finding the holes, with a decent ref other week we would have won by 3 or 4 trys.

4 hours ago, Canis Lupus said:

The Higson signing is permanent not a loan. Even with the additions listed above Fev are still the stronger of the two sides comparing what we have faced . Both sides could have taken points from TWP this season but I feel you still shade it over Leigh.

Nice Avatar ?

Good luck to Leigh. No skin off our noses. Last week we went to Toronto with no experienced Pivots. The lads that were drafted in were amazing. With a full side we are a danger to Torontos promotion should we get into the five. I can see why Leigh are strengthening because they see Fev as a threat let alone Toronto.?

No problem for me with Leigh strengthening, looks to me like a combination of decent gates this season and Beaumont biding his time with his cheque book to see if they were in position to be in the play-offs.

One amusing side effect is that their game against Batley will see, I think, only one or two maximum loan/DR players for Leigh - whereas Batley have named the maximum five loanees in their squad.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No problem for me with Leigh strengthening, looks to me like a combination of decent gates this season and Beaumont biding his time with his cheque book to see if they were in position to be in the play-offs.

One amusing side effect is that their game against Batley will see, I think, only one or two maximum loan/DR players for Leigh - whereas Batley have named the maximum five loanees in their squad.

WHAT?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOO surely not! Another team other than Fev using DR? Pull the other one!

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Both players will be playing at the level i believe them to now be oh perspiratory one!?

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with your assessment of Clark, but clearly Lam and Powell, who I believe didn't want him to leave Cas, do. Then again, several coaches appear to think that Cory Aston's a SL quality half back........

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with your assessment of Clark, but clearly Lam and Powell, who I believe didn't want him to leave Cas, do. Then again, several coaches appear to think that Cory Aston's a SL quality half back........

Clark seems to be one of those players who makes a real impact in his first few games for his new club but then goes off the boil.

There are always a few SL signings that get the head scratching. Colton Roche being signed by Huddersfield was one for me.

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Cory Aston must have a very good agent .

7 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Good luck to Leigh. No skin off our noses. Last week we went to Toronto with no experienced Pivots. The lads that were drafted in were amazing. With a full side we are a danger to Torontos promotion should we get into the five. I can see why Leigh are strengthening because they see Fev as a threat let alone Toronto.?

I seriously believe TW are more vulnerable this year than last, you could have won home and away. We could have won at home with a rag tag and bobtail side out. The format will help them because unless they lose their first game they don't travel out of Toronto, we could end up going 3 times in a month or so if we finish second.

Archived