Leigh Strengthening

mightyship

28 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I seriously believe TW are more vulnerable this year than last, you could have won home and away. We could have won at home with a rag tag and bobtail side out. The format will help them because unless they lose their first game they don't travel out of Toronto, we could end up going 3 times in a month or so if we finish second.

That's not much of incentive to finish second then is it? Higher up the table should have the (easier) games surely? 

29 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I seriously believe TW are more vulnerable this year than last, you could have won home and away. We could have won at home with a rag tag and bobtail side out. The format will help them because unless they lose their first game they don't travel out of Toronto, we could end up going 3 times in a month or so if we finish second.

And that is the advantage you should, indeed, get for finishing first...earning home ice/court/field advantage...playing by the rules announced at the start of the season.   Thats sport.

Just now, Kayakman said:

And that is the advantage you should, indeed, get for finishing first...earning home ice/court/field advantage...playing by the rules announced at the start of the season.   Thats sport.

Not in Rugby league they can change the rules when ever they want ?

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

They won't travel out of Toronto for any game they're taking part in the play offs, unless they decide home is somewhere else.

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Certainly stacked against the British teams. Needs a re think next year and the final should have a regular neutral venue like the Super dooper final. It will be a selling point for Channel 4 who are interested in the championship and Headingley would be a good option (unless Leeds are relegated of course).Foreign teams who enter a British league must be made aware that the Final must be staged on British soil.

21 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Certainly stacked against the British teams. Needs a re think next year and the final should have a regular neutral venue like the Super dooper final. It will be a selling point for Channel 4 who are interested in the championship and Headingley would be a good option (unless Leeds are relegated of course).Foreign teams who enter a British league must be made aware that the Final must be staged on British soil.

There are three countries represented in the RL...thats international flavour methinks....time to think BIG.

13 hours ago, Kayakman said:

There are three countries represented in the RL...thats international flavour methinks....time to think BIG.

there could be 20 countries it doesnt matter its the english championship and the final  should be played in England

40 minutes ago, gingdong said:

there could be 20 countries it doesnt matter its the english championship and the final  should be played in England

What about Wales?  Wales isn't England is it?  Isn't the RFL also registered as a company in Wales?

What about France and Canada?

Its time to leave this small time thinking behind and understand that ALL rugby is an international game and all are welcome....it is the only way forward. 

I understand your feelings, we went through the same thing with hockey in, lets say, in the 1970's...

....time to catch up.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

What about Wales?  Wales isn't England is it?  Isn't the RFL also registered as a company in Wales?

What about France and Canada?

Its time to leave this small time thinking behind and understand that ALL rugby is an international game and all are welcome....it is the only way forward. 

I understand your feelings, we went through the same thing with hockey in, lets say, in the 1970's...

....time to catch up.

iv no prob with foreign teams playing in the English championship but they choose to join and in my opinion the final should always be played in ENGLAND, this is my opinion and as its MY opinion it is not open to debate

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Ben Reynolds returns to Leigh on a permanent move!

For me he was steady enough when he played for us but no more than that, acknowledging it's tough as a half back to come in and out of a side. If McLelland continues to try and play at a faster tempo and be prepared to take on the line he should be ok for us.

It's interesting to note that, if contracts meant anything, Reynolds would already be under contract to Leigh until the end of next season anyway...https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2017/10/05/ben-reynolds-signs-new-three-year-centurions-deal/

Wonder if the Reynolds signing has any impact on the much-rumoured move of Danny Craven to Leigh?

12 hours ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Good move by us,looking a bit light in the halves with a few Inuries.

So are Fev, and it also means one their prospective major rivals won't get him.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

For me he was steady enough when he played for us but no more than that, acknowledging it's tough as a half back to come in and out of a side. If McLelland continues to try and play at a faster tempo and be prepared to take on the line he should be ok for us.

It's interesting to note that, if contracts meant anything, Reynolds would already be under contract to Leigh until the end of next season anyway...https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2017/10/05/ben-reynolds-signs-new-three-year-centurions-deal/

Wonder if the Reynolds signing has any impact on the much-rumoured move of Danny Craven to Leigh?

Like you say he was steady enough, but young McLelland seems to be of a comparable standard from what I have seen of the 2. Maybe this will mean Craven might want a return to Fev now ?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I thought that McLelland had signed for Hull KR already.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

that's more nosy parker rumblings  

leeds rhinos half back callum mclelland has agreed a 12 months loan spell with HKR for the 2020 season  I'M  TOLD ?

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

1. That "rumour" was for next season.

2. It was started by "Nosey Parker" in his League Weekly column, but McLelland's agent promptly denied the rumour on Twitter.

It's funny how stories like this start though - one person starts the story and across the internet people repeat it as though it must be true. It's not helped by the likes of Serious About Rugby League spamming these "stories" across fans' FB pages with a comment like "what do you think about this" in the eternal quest for clicks.

2 hours ago, POR said:

that's more nosy parker rumblings  

leeds rhinos half back callum mclelland has agreed a 12 months loan spell with HKR for the 2020 season  I'M  TOLD ?

OK, thanks.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived