Applications for NCL 2020

23 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

embarrassing thats doing nothing for the opposition only massaging toll bars egos

I know mate, the other year we went to one of the Keighley teams on the first day of the new season, just after half time Howard Roberts had a word with the ref about calling it a day, we'd just gone into the 60's and we didn't want to be putting teams off that early in the season.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Six  strong expressions of interest to date but full applications yet to be lodged in the format required by NCL.

It is accepted some current members do not  now meet all of the previous criteria (they are being pushed ) but unlikely that any new applicants will be accepted without them given the desire  from so many to join for whatever reasons...

12 minutes ago, del capo said:

Six  strong expressions of interest to date but full applications yet to be lodged in the format required by NCL.

It is accepted some current members do not  now meet all of the previous criteria (they are being pushed ) but unlikely that any new applicants will be accepted without them given the desire  from so many to join for whatever reasons...

Will at least one not be accepted with Salford dropping out? 

On 07/08/2019 at 11:17, del capo said:

Being pushed as in pushed to up their standards to meet the criteria, or pushed as in  pushed out of the league?

16 minutes ago, beefy1 said:

Being pushed as in pushed to up their standards to meet the criteria, or pushed as in  pushed out of the league?

I would imagine pushed to meet the standards. They wont push them out the league as long as they fulfill fixtures which everyone has

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2019 at 11:01, neutralfan said:

The criteria for joining is quite demanding if you look on the NCL Website.Go onto Leagues and competition and then onto NCL Appendices.

I think you will find that the criteria isn’t has demanding now. This season I have visited two new venues and the walk from the dressing rooms to the pitch is outrageous. Alfred Wainwright didn’t walk that far

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2019 at 20:10, Mr Smeaton said:

I have heard today from two different clubs that next year there is to be another division. The bottom four teams in division three will drop down. Is this a rumour or is it being discussed?

That would only leave 9/10 teams in division 3, cant see it happening. 

On 5 September 2019 at 09:50, Cumbria1 said:

I think the criteria needs looked at as Underbanks pitch is shocking and for me as Premier League pitch.

It's certainly unique,but at least it has facilities on site which more than a few clubs don't have,but there is no doubt standards for acceptance to the NCL seems to be lower these days.

On 17/08/2019 at 20:10, Mr Smeaton said:

I have heard today from two different clubs that next year there is to be another division. The bottom four teams in division three will drop down. Is this a rumour or is it being discussed?

I’ve heard that myself from a club that has applied. NCL for me should be 2 leagues and everyone else strengthening the regional leagues which are knackered right now due  in my opinion to the huge standard gaps in a division because of any Tom Dick or Harry being in the NCL 

Teams travelling with 11 men and their opponents taking players off at half tome to even the game up or teams scoring 80+ points against a bare 13 with 3 fat guys aged 50 from the masters team making the numbers up is not what the NCL should be about 

4 hours ago, shawy13 said:

I’ve heard that myself from a club that has applied. NCL for me should be 2 leagues and everyone else strengthening the regional leagues which are knackered right now due  in my opinion to the huge standard gaps in a division because of any Tom Dick or Harry being in the NCL 

Teams travelling with 11 men and their opponents taking players off at half tome to even the game up or teams scoring 80+ points against a bare 13 with 3 fat guys aged 50 from the masters team making the numbers up is not what the NCL should be about 

Which teams are those?

On 27/07/2019 at 13:24, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Glad to hear that. I hope they get in as I think it would be good for Allerdale to have a presence in the NCLK

It would be good for Cumbria not just Allerdale, hopefully lifting the standard of the game. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived