Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
saintspete83

West Wales.......... Win (Merged Threads)

Having played 15 games this season in league 1, lost all 15 and conceded an average of 54 points a game, West Wales have beaten Coventry Bears 44-16 today. Must be a great moment for them...I'm thinking Doncaster finally winning against Huyton in Another Bloody Sunday, except Coventry have enjoyed more success this season than Huyton had.

• Like 5

Amazing result for West Wales. To say Coventry are having an up and down season is an understatement!

At least Runcorns all time losing streak is safe! 

• Haha 1

For those who missed it, the famous Another Bloody Sunday is back on Youtube in segments after the full version was taken down.

Here's the first section :

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow. I was there when York beat West Wales 144-0 at Bootham Crescent as well as at the 130-0 away win and always said I’d come back here and congratulate them if they ever win.

In some style as well, I’m genuinely pleased for them and hope they can push on, I’m guessing the target this season will have been to be competitive and win a game. Angelic Cynic did you go?!

What’s gone wrong at Coventry? I thought it would be a tight game but they must be so disappointed, especially having beaten some big heartland teams over the last few years.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Great day for wales , awful embarrassing day for coventry 

No complaints for us at Coventry. It was a perfect storm of 8 first steamers missing and an contingent of ex Bears in the WWR team that were excellent today. The best and most enthusiastic team won.

It was even a joy to see some really happy Raiders that were enjoying a day in the sun.

Edited by Bearman
  • Like 5

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Were there any other factors contributing to this win? A sudden influx of new players or something?

I would've been pleasantly surprised by a narrow win but no one saw 44-16 coming. 

5 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Coventry are a decent side. We put 54 on them but it wasn't easy

They took us to the cleaners 😪

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

Were there any other factors contributing to this win? A sudden influx of new players or something?

I would've been pleasantly surprised by a narrow win but no one saw 44-16 coming. 

8 players missing including 4 props left the middle very light. Been a horrendous injury list for a while now. However that's not an excuse. I wasn't at the game today but everyone I've spoken to said that while Bears were poor West Wales were superb from 1-17 and fully deserved to win. As a Bears fans it's obviously disappointing but perversely I'm pleased West Wales finally broke their duck. Hope to see them progress from here. 

• Like 3

Missing . Part 2 ends with the teacher mid-interview and Part 4 starts with Banham mid-interview , so it must be lost in the ether ...