West Wales.......... Win (Merged Threads)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having played 15 games this season in league 1, lost all 15 and conceded an average of 54 points a game, West Wales have beaten Coventry Bears 44-16 today. Must be a great moment for them...I'm thinking Doncaster finally winning against Huyton in Another Bloody Sunday, except Coventry have enjoyed more success this season than Huyton had.

Wow. I was there when York beat West Wales 144-0 at Bootham Crescent as well as at the 130-0 away win and always said I’d come back here and congratulate them if they ever win.

In some style as well, I’m genuinely pleased for them and hope they can push on, I’m guessing the target this season will have been to be competitive and win a game. Angelic Cynic did you go?!

What’s gone wrong at Coventry? I thought it would be a tight game but they must be so disappointed, especially having beaten some big heartland teams over the last few years.

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Great day for wales , awful embarrassing day for coventry 

No complaints for us at Coventry. It was a perfect storm of 8 first steamers missing and an contingent of ex Bears in the WWR team that were excellent today. The best and most enthusiastic team won.

It was even a joy to see some really happy Raiders that were enjoying a day in the sun.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

Were there any other factors contributing to this win? A sudden influx of new players or something?

I would've been pleasantly surprised by a narrow win but no one saw 44-16 coming. 

8 players missing including 4 props left the middle very light. Been a horrendous injury list for a while now. However that's not an excuse. I wasn't at the game today but everyone I've spoken to said that while Bears were poor West Wales were superb from 1-17 and fully deserved to win. As a Bears fans it's obviously disappointing but perversely I'm pleased West Wales finally broke their duck. Hope to see them progress from here. 

Archived