Old Rover

Andrew Vause

11 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

Can anyone tell me if Old Rover still posts on here please?

He posts occasionally on his Facebook page, but he’s not very well his Son told me a few weeks ago at a game 

Im Fev and im proud

Thanks to everyone for their replies. 

I'm so sorry to hear about this. He must be so proud to see Ben playing in a Rovers shirt. I have a lot of time for Old Rover but I don't have Facebook, could someone kindly pass on my regards and best wishes.

Thank you once again. 

40 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

Thanks to everyone for their replies. 

I'm so sorry to hear about this. He must be so proud to see Ben playing in a Rovers shirt. I have a lot of time for Old Rover but I don't have Facebook, could someone kindly pass on my regards and best wishes.

Thank you once again. 

Hi Andrew, thanks for the concern.  don't want to go into detail, but having one of the worst years of my life. you are right, i'm really proud of Ben, but not seen him play for Rovers yet. hope you are keeping well

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

Hi Andrew, thanks for the concern.  don't want to go into detail, but having one of the worst years of my life. you are right, i'm really proud of Ben, but not seen him play for Rovers yet. hope you are keeping well

It's so lovely to hear from you Old en, just such a shame you are enduring such trying circumstances. I sincerely hope that whatever is causing your grief gets resolution and that you are back seeing your beloved Rovers. 

The last time I saw you you kindly bought my young babe in arms an Ice Cream. He had just turned 1, he's 7 now. Wow, where does time go? I'm overjoyed for you knowing that Ben is in the first team. I tweeted him after the Leigh game saying how proud his grandad would have been.  You were/are a massive positive influence on his life and he's a credit to you. 

I don't get to too many games now but my lad has just started to show interest in playing the game. Unfortunately he's been brought up and schooled in Castleford so the attraction of the SL and influence of his mates means that he won't have the passion for Featherstone that I had as a 7 year old watching Steve Nash etc.

I sincerely wish you all the best OR and would love to see you again. 

All the best Dave and God bless.

thank you Andrew, glad you're keeping well, and pleased for the lad. i'm sure you will support him whatever he chooses to do. you're a good man

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

Hope things turn around for you soon Old Rover, and good to hear from you again Andrew, we are missing your wit and wisdom on here, and miss you at the games. I feel there could be some real crackers coming up at the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Hope things turn around for you soon Old Rover, and good to hear from you again Andrew, we are missing your wit and wisdom on here, and miss you at the games. I feel there could be some real crackers coming up at the end of the season.

Thanks Steve.

14 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

thanks Steve

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

Yes Andrew get yourself down to next home game - your ears must have been burning on sunday as Richard Robin & I we’re reminiscing  how much we miss your witty comments and game observations.

Hope you and family keeping well.

with Chrissy and Reynolds pulling the strings we are a joy to watch at the moment.

1 hour ago, Glynfev said:

Yes Andrew get yourself down to next home game - your ears must have been burning on sunday as Richard Robin & I we’re reminiscing  how much we miss your witty comments and game observations.

Hope you and family keeping well.

with Chrissy and Reynolds pulling the strings we are a joy to watch at the moment.

I've been to the last 3 home games with my little lad Glyn. I'll try to make one in for the Toulouse game. Nice to hear from you. 

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Bob Crowther, oldrover,  and me used to have jokes together  way back.  I wonder if Andrew still remembers me . Colin Smith.

Yes Colin you were friends with my parents for long enough. Your sister in law and my mum were pre wartime friends. You don't really forget stuff like that. 

Mam passed away sadly last August. 

My true regrets. The last time I saw them was outside a shop in Pontefract and had a good conversation with Albert and your mum. I was with Pat my wife. Kind regards Colin. PS time does really fly. Just had my 85th.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

My true regrets. The last time I saw them was outside a shop in Pontefract and had a good conversation with Albert and your mum. I was with Pat my wife. Kind regards Colin. PS time does really fly. Just had my 85th.

Cheers Colin. 

Archived