Play off predictions

White Knight

Ok folks, don’t shoot me down on this because it is only one game at a time but there’s a lot of talk about our tough run in. Yesterday’s win enabled us to get one foot in the play offs, but the higher we finish the better our chances.

So my predictions are as follows. 

Toronto - already qualified.

Knights - Barrow away win, Toronto away lose, Fev home win, Leigh away lose, Halifax away win. Total points 37

Toulouse - Halifax away win, Widnes away win, Batley home win, Dewsbury home win, Fev away lose. Total points 38

Leigh - Swinton home win, Rochdale away win, Widnes home win, Knights home win, Toronto away lose. Total points 38

Fev - Dewsbury away win, Swinton home win, Knights away lose, Batley away win, Toulouse home win. Total points 36

Bradford - Toronto home lose, Barrow away win, Dewsbury away win, Sheffield home win, Barrow away win. Total points 33

Sheffield - Widnes home win, Halifax away lose, Barrow home win, Bradford away lose, Swinton away lose. Total points 28

So there you have it. WK’s predictor thinks we will finish fourth. But sport wasn’t played on paper! 5 wins and we will finish second. Up the fantastic Knights.?

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Ok folks, don’t shoot me down on this because it is only one game at a time but there’s a lot of talk about our tough run in. Yesterday’s win enabled us to get one foot in the play offs, but the higher we finish the better our chances.

Knights - Barrow away win, Toronto away lose, Fev home win, Leigh away lose, Halifax away win. Total points 37

Toulouse - Halifax away win, Widnes away win, Batley home win, Dewsbury home win, Fev away lose. Total points 38

Leigh - Swinton home win, Rochdale away win, Widnes home win, Knights home win, Toronto away lose. Total points 38

Fev - Dewsbury away win, Swinton home win, Knights away lose, Batley away win, Toulouse home win. Total points 36

Bradford - Toronto home lose, Barrow away win, Dewsbury away win, Sheffield home win, Barrow away win. Total points 33

Sheffield - Widnes home win, Halifax away lose, Barrow home win, Bradford away lose, Swinton away lose. Total points 28

So there you have it. WK’s predictor thinks we will finish fourth. But sport wasn’t played on paper! 5 wins and we will finish second. Up the fantastic Knights.?

5th.

There has to be a chance Toronto will start to rest players having already won the league, so much depends on how strong a team they put out for the rest of the season, especially against, Bradford, Leigh and us. I hope, for the integrity of the competition they play their strongest team every week, but I'll be very surprised if they do. 4th would be good, give us a home game in the play off first round, but if we finish anywhere in the top 5, I'll be delighted. We've had a great season just by being in the top half of the table, anything now is a bonus.

4 hours ago, White Knight said:

Slow day at work? ?

19 hours ago, trig said:

We have been in top half of season all season , Am well happy with where we are and who we have beaten this season, And still time for us to upset a few more teams. UP THE FANTASTIC KNEETS

This is one for  Gav.as i am not sure how the top five works but i do believe the higher you finish the more cash you get could well have it wrong ?

On 22/07/2019 at 09:03, White Knight said:

intrersting thoughts so you honestly think york are going to overturn 42 10 and 42 12 loses to FEV 

22 minutes ago, POR said:

intrersting thoughts so you honestly think york are going to overturn 42 10 and 42 12 loses to FEV 

No we're all going to predict a loss mate.? 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, POR said:

Patched up side at Blackpool and one of the worst YCK performances at yours. Hopefully we'll be more competitive at home. Fev were very, very good in both games so here's hoping for you to have an off day and us to be another 9/10 game. Anyhow, it's nice to be playing you again in.the league 

5 hours ago, POR said:

YCK at Bootham Crescent are no pushovers (Ask Widnes, Centurions, Bulls etc). Fev are clearly not invincible, I'm sure that's an  "8" in their lost column. I expect this will be yet another cracking match and may the better side win. When POR  reviews his investment portfolio it's always there in the small print, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." Very prudent these finance types!

On 22/07/2019 at 09:03, White Knight said:

How come Bradford play Barrow away twice?.

On 22/07/2019 at 12:53, HaxbyKnight said:

There has to be a chance Toronto will start to rest players having already won the league, so much depends on how strong a team they put out for the rest of the season, especially against, Bradford, Leigh and us. I hope, for the integrity of the competition they play their strongest team every week, but I'll be very surprised if they do. 4th would be good, give us a home game in the play off first round, but if we finish anywhere in the top 5, I'll be delighted. We've had a great season just by being in the top half of the table, anything now is a bonus.

It's a difficult one for them to manage as they as everyone but 'Fax has 2 weekends off before the end of the season and momentum counts for alot of things, they are used to training day in day out and with 3 home games in a row after Bradford, logistics wise they have to keep their discipline with training. Will they go back to Manchester or see out the season in Canada especially when all of their playoff games are likely to be in Toronto. If in Canada until early October some of the players aren't used to it,  it might affect them mentally if they have new borns etc.

They don't have a huge squad, it's not like they have an academy or reserve team so can see them making small changes but it will be to rest the dinosaur big wages players like Ashton Sims and Jon Wilkin etc. Plus players on 1 year deals playing for contracts which happens alot in the part time teams can do funny things. The likes of Marcus Stock is out of contract in October unless a deal is agreed he can't afford to have a bad game if selected, alot of players will step up with it being Toronto, Fev took them close over there. Widnes last week were in the lead with under 10 to go with some interesting refereeing decisions allowing Toronto momentum, we will see as the season draws to a close but I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto didn't win all of their games in the regular season. 

On 23/07/2019 at 16:13, Shadow45 said:

Patched up side at Blackpool and one of the worst YCK performances at yours. Hopefully we'll be more competitive at home. Fev were very, very good in both games so here's hoping for you to have an off day and us to be another 9/10 game. Anyhow, it's nice to be playing you again in.the league 

Yes, the game at York is likely to be a very different type game to the two previous ones against Fev. We (Fev) were probably playing our best rugby of the season around the time of those 2 games and have been a bit up and down since, and if we can lose at home to Dewsbury and Barrow then York away is certainly no cakewalk.

Archived