Play off predictions

White Knight

On 23/07/2019 at 12:40, POR said:

intrersting thoughts so you honestly think york are going to overturn 42 10 and 42 12 loses to FEV 

Yeah, I reckon we will. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not often I blow my own trumpet, but my predictions so far are spot on, for the Knights, that is.

Knights - Barrow away win, Toronto away lose, Fev home win, Leigh away lose, Halifax away win. Total points 37

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Am I right in thinking this is the first time we have not yo-yoed back down after promotion ? , in Feb I hoped we would avoid the drop and maybe make 9th or 10th....to be where we are and suffering nose bleeds for those few weeks when we were 2nd is just fantastic. Remember our Chairman saying he wanted a team that could compete in the top half of the Champ after we were promoted , I am really pleased for him/Fordy/Team/and all the back room staff that it has been achieved in our first season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2019 at 18:21, White Knight said:

Well, not often I blow my own trumpet, but my predictions so far are spot on, for the Knights, that is.

Knights - Barrow away win, Toronto away lose, Fev home win, Leigh away lose, Halifax away win. Total points 37

Well I finally came unstuck. By a sole point. But over the moon! Let’s finish the job at Fax, and who knows, second spot could be ours for the taking. Up you totally amazing Knights!

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

8 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Really don't want to finish 2nd, 2 trips to Toronto would be a killer.

But potential it would be 2 home games for the Knights with the final in Toronto who at the start of the season would have said that?

I’d like us to finish as high as possible.

If promotion is to be secured, and no I don’t think we will (but what a great position to be in!!!), it will be from beating the best team not from hoping we finish further down, praying X team loses to Y team and Z team is tired or off their game.

Finish as high as possible, secure extra funding, and go into whatever playoff games we have with the same determination we’ve seen all season.

1 hour ago, paul said:

If we beat Toronto in semi do we get home advantage in the final

As long as Toronto stay in, they will play at home, even if they lose their first game. If we can finish second, all games against anybody else will be at BC. There will be some squeaky bums next week at Toronto and Featherstone. If Leigh lose and Fev win, Fev could leapfrog the Leythers and get them at home in the play offs, the losers going out. Leigh may have to send a full strength side to Toronto in an effort to stay in the top four. So many permutations still possible, but what a round of games on the final weekend.

Fev vs Toulouse on Saturday is a huge game and Toronto vs Leigh too. If Toulouse win that and we equal or better Leigh result we have at least 2 games. 1st will be away to Toulouse in qualifying final if we lose that, we will be at home to winner of Leigh vs Fev. If we win in Toulouse we go away to Toronto. If we lose on Sunday and Leigh get a result we play Fev at home 1st. If Toulouse lose and we win we are 2nd so would have 2 games but start at home to 3rd, all to play for be clearer on Saturday which is good but there is a potential for finishing the season away at Toulouse and Toronto...... 

...and add to that each match may be on a Saturday or a Sunday at the whim of sky. Whoever came up with this format is clearly crackers. It would be bad enough if all matches were along the M62 and all teams were full time, but for part times players having to go to 3 different countries at the drop of a hat its ridiculous.

45 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

...and add to that each match may be on a Saturday or a Sunday at the whim of sky. Whoever came up with this format is clearly crackers. It would be bad enough if all matches were along the M62 and all teams were full time, but for part times players having to go to 3 different countries at the drop of a hat its ridiculous.

Oh yes, it gets to a point where it would be better to literally go to Toulouse to lose (sorry not sorry) as least then we would have a home game in the playoffs. Be more clearer on Saturday night whatever happens now been a fantastic season which will all can agree 

7 hours ago, Nearenough said:

The radio scheduling and availability is an absolute 'mare too.....

RFL_Championship_playoff_structure_2019.jpg

Week 1

Saturday 14 September, 3pm: Qualifying Final (2nd v 3rd) or Elimination Final (4th v 5th)
Sunday 15 September, 6.30pm: Qualifying Final (2nd v 3rd) or Elimination Final (4th v 5th)

Week 2

Saturday 21 September, 3pm: First Semi-final (QF loser v EF winner)
Sunday 22 September, 6.30pm: Second Semi-final (Toronto Wolfpack v QF winner)

Week 3

Sunday 29 September, 6.30pm: Preliminary final

Week 4

Saturday 5 October (KO 7.30pm): Betfred Championship Grand Final

CHAMPIONS 2005

Archived