New Titans Coach

There’s a job with a big challenge.

It seems Titans have let it be known they want Justin Holbrook, the St Helens coach, to apply for the job. He could though stay at Saints as they have offered him a two year extension to his contract. I suppose he’ll want to see what’s on offer at Gold Coast.

Most Aussie coaches eventually return to the NRL if a good job turns up and of course if the money`s right. Unfortunately for the GC Titans,they don`t appear to be an attractive proposition at the moment,so I very much doubt that leaving one of the top RL clubs in the world,who are offering a further two year contract,to come to a basket case club would be good for his career. Still,home is where the heart is,so they say,so I guess Holbrook will return Down Under eventually and living the high life on the Gold Coast would appear a far better option for the family that a dowdy,generally cold and wet town,in Industrial Lancashire. I know,I came from one.

On 23/07/2019 at 19:18, DavidM said:

Will the walker brothers apply again ? They’ve been looking for an in to the nrl for a few years now

Haven’t done owt since the sun ain’t gonna shine anymore hit No 1

Seems like despite ruling himself out of contention Kevin Walters was in with a shout of getting the Titans job.

All the same it is now being said that Justin Holbrook will shortly be announced as the new GC head coach after a successful stint at St Helens.

It would be his first head coach job in the NRL

15 minutes ago, Graham said:

Seems like despite ruling himself out of contention Kevin Walters was in with a shout of getting the Titans job.

All the same it is now being said that Justin Holbrook will shortly be announced as the new GC head coach after a successful stint at St Helens.

It would be his first head coach job in the NRL

Holbrook would be a great choice for the Titans,he's been good for St Helens and is young and ambitious,Walters record at another under performing club at the Catalans wasn't too good.

He's on a hiding to nothing there, no matter how good a coach he is he just hasn't got anything to work with and the Titan's record with signings is abysmal, Hayne, Peachey, Sargeson, Roberts in the recent past spring to mind. He would need to ship out at least 15 to 20 and replace them with commited, hard working player's to have anything approaching a decent squad.

Must be desperate to get back home, mind if he's living in stellens who wouldn't be?

Archived