Widnes fans boo TWP trophy presentation

1 hour ago, meast said:

Surprisingly, not everyone is fawning over Toronto, Maybe a section of Widnes fans included.

Although having watched the game, Toronto seemed to get the benefit of some calls, which i don't think endeared themselves to Widnes fans.

Or it may be the Widnes fans showing their displeasure of how some clubs are treated etc?

Yes it may be unsporting, but not everyone has to like the Wolfpack.

Feeble attitude.  Pathetic in fact.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

I don't recall London getting the   boo's  at Lamport . That after a match that really mattered.

They were congratulated..as they should have been...my daughter even partied with some of them (evidence attached)...our time will come...like Sept 2019! 

tara and London mpg.jpg

Just now, Manx RL said:

Do you?

Ok , I'll explain for you , it's called " taking the pee " as in joking 

For god's sake it isn't the crime of the century ,they didn't hurl bottles or sing abusive words , they ' boo'ed ' , just as they did to Joe Mellor all through the game ,does anybody really care ? , No 

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Ok , I'll explain for you , it's called " taking the pee " as in joking 

For god's sake it isn't the crime of the century ,they didn't hurl bottles or sing abusive words , they ' boo'ed ' , just as they did to Joe Mellor all through the game ,does anybody really care ? , No 

Calm down ?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

23 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Pathetic behaviour by Widnes fans. No excuses for it at all.

Seems a strange way to end the game given Widnes nearly rolled TWP over, you’d think they’d applaud a good match.  I suppose they pay they’re money and have that entitlement but I think I’d rather spend it on something else if it meant booing.

2 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Seems a strange way to end the game given Widnes nearly rolled TWP over, you’d think they’d applaud a good match.  I suppose they pay they’re money and have that entitlement but I think I’d rather spend it on something else if it meant booing.

Given the Widnes fans are scousers they'd normally have left straight away to nick the away fans wheels , but as there weren't any they decided to stay and boo ?

29 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Pathetic behaviour by Widnes fans. No excuses for it at all.

Some fans. Can't remember the last time I booed anyone, takes too much energy. 

5 minutes ago, doc said:

Can't remember the last time I booed anyone

I booed a four year old who said they were bored the other day.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

There was a simple answer to avoiding that. 

Present the shield in Toronto. Absolute stupidity from the RFL.

Absolute stupidity from the premier league for presenting Man City with the trophy at Brighton too I suppose?

The simple answer is it shouldn't need to be avoided in the first place.

No excuse for a section of Widnes fans to boo as they did. Clearly not all Widnes fans.of course but a relatively small loudmouth group. 

Still, a Championship game showcased live on TV. Isn't that what people have been asking for? The  League Leaders Trophy presented live on TV. Don't know the viewing figures but it's a fair bet it was many more than at the ground. A competitive game into the bargain. 

What's not to like? 

There’s a suggestion that the fans who were booing were directing their frustration at Ralph Rimmer who was presenting the trophy

It was a bit disappointing to see it attached to Toronto’s achievements, however as I have and others have said probably shouldn’t have been done in front of Away fans

A small section of fans did this, and if anybody is suggestions that all other clubs fans don’t have a minority with this attitude they’re being disingenuous 

Has it ever occurred to anyone that it was Ralph Rimmer getting booed and the RFL after the way they have treated the club ?

The withholding of the parachute and academy funding to a club that has no cash whatsoever , the special measures that means they have to put out a team of 18- 19 - 20 year old lads and then being told even though you cant have the funding if you want to keep the academy you also have to run a reserve team

6 hours ago, noidea said:

Has it ever occurred to anyone that it was Ralph Rimmer getting booed and the RFL after the way they have treated the club ?

The withholding of the parachute and academy funding to a club that has no cash whatsoever 

this is what a few are saying...shame that Toronto got caught in the crossfire 

33 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

It's coming to something when a set of fans boo the opposition. Absolutely no place for it in sport. 

Meh, that's a bit OTT. Rivalry is all part of it, I don't see an issue with booing the opposition at all.

Archived