major train chaos on cc final day?

have heard the train companies are advising people not to travel by train that bank holiday weekend in to London as they have planned to do lots of line work that weekend? without any consideration for our blue ribbon event, if this is true it must be time to move away from Wembley and the dump we call a capital and have a total re structure of the cc

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

have heard the train companies are advising people not to travel by train that bank holiday weekend in to London as they have planned to do lots of line work that weekend? without any consideration for our blue ribbon event, if this is true it must be time to move away from Wembley and the dump we call a capital and have a total re structure of the cc

What's a train ?

Bank Holidays are always awful times to travel by train. It has been years since I even considered using the network over the Easter weekend, for instance.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

wasn't there a day when trains were special laid on for Wembley and the cc or is that a dream from the past that I once had?

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

wasn't there a day when trains were special laid on for Wembley and the cc or is that a dream from the past that I once had?

Yes!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

It happened all the time in the 80's .

Normally the Queen commanded the Mallard and The Flying Scotsman be taken out of retirement to cope with increased Northern rail traffic .

One year they shipped the Shinkansen Bullet Train over from Japan to cope with the vast numbers of Pie-Eaters !

6 minutes ago, Essai Machine said:

Normally the Queen commanded the Mallard and The Flying Scotsman be taken out of retirement to cope with increased Northern rail traffic .

One year they shipped the Shinkansen Bullet Train over from Japan to cope with the vast numbers of Pie-Eaters !

stand up roy hudd

Heard it was the East Cost line this year and anyone travelling from Yorkshire needed to travel from Sheffield. Thought the West Coast main line to Euston was supposed to be ok this year, we bought our tickets a few weeks ago and nothing was mention about the West Coast main line, has this changed?

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

53 minutes ago, Essai Machine said:

Vast numbers of pie-eaters or numbers of vast pie eaters?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

1 hour ago, Pudsey said:

Lner not running trains into London so we will be missing our first cup final in years. 

Trains still running fine to St Pancras via Sheffield so better than the complete no-go that has been Euston in recent years for those travelling from the north west. 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

Wigan charted their own train for a final earlier this decade. Would be an interesting link up for the RFL to look at but I think the focus is generally on National Express because of their sponsorship deal with Wembley. 

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Heard it was the East Cost line this year and anyone travelling from Yorkshire needed to travel from Sheffield. Thought the West Coast main line to Euston was supposed to be ok this year, we bought our tickets a few weeks ago and nothing was mention about the West Coast main line, has this changed?

All fine on WCML, we’re travelling down on Saturday morning from Wigan and back to Manchester on Monday (for religious reasons however I will only be attending the Challenge Cup Final if Leigh make the 1895 final though)

If Hull make it to the final it will be a nightmare. Does it mean you'd have to get a train from Hull to Sheffield, then one from there to St Pancras? Kind of annoying when Hull actually has it's own train service to London, Hull Trains, which you won't be able to use

5 minutes ago, DiH68 said:

If Hull make it to the final it will be a nightmare. Does it mean you'd have to get a train from Hull to Sheffield, then one from there to St Pancras? Kind of annoying when Hull actually has it's own train service to London, Hull Trains, which you won't be able to use

I wouldn't touch Hull Trains with a barge pole Di. It's gone from one of the best services in the country to one of, if not, the worst.

rldfsignature.jpg

It could be fun, that's for sure. LNER's helpful advice for the weekend is do not travel. EMT via Sheffield and St Pancras would be possible, but will have the usual bank holiday traffic plus large numbers of refugees from the ECML. I'm travelling on Friday evening and coming back via Manchester on the Sunday so should work out OK, especially as it now appears I will need to fly out of Manchester for work on the Monday anyway...

So … you'll just have to change in Birmingham onto the Chiltern line which actually stops at Wembley Stadium?

Or is that up the spout too?

EDIT

Just looked. Chiltern are increasing capacity for trains running to Wembley Stadium that day.

Stop moaning.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived