Zak Hardaker swaps nights clubs for golf clubs

I had to smile when I read this quote "Me and my girlfriend are really happy over here and although you do miss home, being away from some of the distractions there has been brilliant for me".

Sounds like he has moved to the other side of the world... Pontefract to Wigan is 1 hour and 19 minutes according to AA Route Planner!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I had to smile when I read this quote "Me and my girlfriend are really happy over here and although you do miss home, being away from some of the distractions there has been brilliant for me".

Sounds like he has moved to the other side of the world... Pontefract to Wigan is 1 hour and 19 minutes according to AA Route Planner!

Small town mentality 

Until the next misdemeanour. Talent but more sense in a tin of soup

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Another stand out quote from the article "I stopped drinking for quite a long time"

That sounds worryingly past tense!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Zak's back's back.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 hours ago, Dunbar said:

How sad are you, to search the distance. Leave the lad alone, pathetic 

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Another stand out quote from the article "I stopped drinking for quite a long time"

That sounds worryingly past tense!

George Best said "in 1969 I gave up women and drinking. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life".

1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

This is one of the problems with internet forums, the context and tone of your point is much more difficult to get across in a text message than it would be if we were just chatting. 

For example, I was just having a bit of fun with my message and you took it as serious and rebuked me.

And your reply makes it sound like you have a huge stick up your ###### when I'm sure you don't. 

the answer must surely lie in mini golf courses and crazy golf inside nightclubs, few cocktails then - "eye up love, fancy trying to get it in behind the windmill" if only peter stringfellow was still alive !!!!!!!!!!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Once again, a positive article about an RL player is being turned negative by RL's "true" supporters.

The guy seems to be sorting himself out, should we not just be thankful for that.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

10 minutes ago, Padge said:

Once again, a positive article about an RL player is being turned negative by RL's "true" supporters.

The guy seems to be sorting himself out, should we not just be thankful for that.

Good for him, I hope he does.

34 minutes ago, Padge said:

Here is the 'reformed bad boy' article on Zak from September 2017

'ZAK TO THE FUTURE ...Castleford’s Zak Hardaker looks to the good times after seeing the bad.'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4568678/castlefords-zak-hardaker-looks-to-the-good-times-after-seeing-the-bad/

This positive article on Zak 'sorting himself out' was after the ban for homophobic comments and the admission of assault but before the ban for taking cocaine and the prosecution for drink driving, driving without insurance, and driving without a valid MOT.

You will have to forgive me for being a little sceptical this time round.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Here is the 'reformed bad boy' article on Zak from September 2017

'ZAK TO THE FUTURE ...Castleford’s Zak Hardaker looks to the good times after seeing the bad.'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4568678/castlefords-zak-hardaker-looks-to-the-good-times-after-seeing-the-bad/

This positive article on Zak 'sorting himself out' was after the ban for homophobic comments and the admission of assault but before the ban for taking cocaine and the prosecution for drink driving, driving without insurance, and driving without a valid MOT.

You will have to forgive me for being a little sceptical this time round.

I am all for kicking up against transgressions, I am also all in favour of players reforming.

Hardaker has screwed up more than most, so did Hock.

Several years ago I would have been in the hang him out to dry gang, but having listened to Danny Sculthorpe, no thanks.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

I am all for kicking up against transgressions, I am also all in favour of players reforming.

Hardaker has screwed up more than most, so did Hock.

Several years ago I would have been in the hang him out to dry gang, but having listened to Danny Sculthorpe, no thanks.

Like Bedfordshire Bronco, I hope he has sorted himself out... I genuinely would prefer he became a stand up citizen for himself and his family, never mind our game.

It's just that I have given people multiple chances in a professional situation and the bad one's always let you down in the end unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's just that I have given people multiple chances in a professional situation and the bad one's always let you down in the end unfortunately. 

I don't care, Danny Sculthorpe's lecture for State of MInd gave me a whole different insight.

Not in my name does he get thrown on the scrap heap.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

I don't care, Danny Sculthorpe's lecture for State of MInd gave me a whole different insight.

Not in my name does he get thrown on the scrap heap.

I believe in compassion and support. And I believe that people can reform and we should provide an opportunity for that reform.

But I also believe in personal accountability and taking some responsibility for your actions and eventually the weight of your misdemeanors outweigh your chances for redemption. 

Hardaker has had a lot of chances. Let's hope he takes this one.

6 hours ago, Hullfan said:

He could cycle it in about 3.5 hours, he must be comparing that with flight times to Tossa de Mar.

Oh and he's not a 'lad' he's a grown adult, he should be able to sort himself out without faux outrage from people like you!

Archived