Rugby League World - Feedback

spacer.png

The new issue of Rugby League World magazine is out this Friday (26th July) and our international coverage focuses on Africa in a 10-page special feature, with reports from Cameroon, Ghana and Morocco plus the story of a Sudanese refugee who made it big down under.

Two big names on the cover this month, St Helens’ Welsh wing sensation Regan Grace, who talks to us about his career to date and his future ambitions in the game, plus departing Saints legend Sean Long who reflects on his life in Rugby League and explains his decision to switch codes.
Also inside, we talk to Ged Stokes, whose decision to come to England from New Zealand to coach Workington Town changed the life of his son Ben, who is now enjoying Cricket World Cup glory as a result.
London Broncos head coach Danny Ward answers your questions in our latest Quickfire Q & A and we hand out a few mid-season awards to the players and coaches who have caught our eye so far in 2019.
In the Championship, we take a look at the rise in quality and profile of the competition over the past few years and discover how and why it has taken place and what’s next for Rugby League’s second tier. Plus, we have an exclusive report on the Toronto Wolfpack experience as our editor Matthew Shaw takes a trip across the Atlantic to Canada.
Former England league and union coach Phil Larder talks to us about his on/off return to Keighley Cougars and we look at the Rugby League talent being produced in Rochdale in our Combined XIII.
Warrington Wolves women’s star Dani Bound reveals the dedication which sees her make regular 500 mile round trips from her home in Portsmouth to play the game, and we talk to French trailblazer Audrey Zitter.
We also have a report on the new Montpellier Sharks club in France and we pay tribute to the passing of Treiziste legend Elie Brousse.
All this and loads more in another packed issue, on sale Friday 26th July.

Order a copy (or a subscription) from the TotalRL.com Shop now, we'll deliver it anywhere in the UK or worldwide. 

spacer.png

• John Drake changed the title to It's time for Africa!

On 23/07/2019 at 21:44, GUBRATS said:

Let's take Magic there next year 

Do they have a train station ?

It's on Railway Road.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

31 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

No. It’s on Station Road Padge.

You don't know Leigh then ?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• John Drake changed the title to Rugby League World - What's Inside?
  • John Drake pinned this topic
On 26/07/2019 at 19:39, Eddie said:

My copy arrived when I got in from work, looking forward to reading it with a bevvy shortly ?

It's the only way to travel.

I'm fascinated by the African stories and if SL was truly serious they would look at recruitment there. I must admit the switching of sport by Longy is about as enticing as a trip to Twickers for mine well that and road kill.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 28/07/2019 at 10:28, Oxford said:

It's the only way to travel.

I'm fascinated by the African stories and if SL was truly serious they would look at recruitment there. I must admit the switching of sport by Longy is about as enticing as a trip to Twickers for mine well that and road kill.

Recruiting wouldn’t be such a difficult thing.  In a previous project I engaged 15 of them from Nigeria and I dare say 2 or 3 were that strong and fit they’d do well in the game.  Wether good enough for the pro game, difficult to tell but many are very keen to quit the country.

20 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Recruiting wouldn’t be such a difficult thing.  In a previous project I engaged 15 of them from Nigeria and I dare say 2 or 3 were that strong and fit they’d do well in the game.  Wether good enough for the pro game, difficult to tell but many are very keen to quit the country.

Spot on having worked there the pull would be tremendous as it would for the audience once their capabilities became known. I think one of the problems has been Offiah being regarded as a freak of nature rather than one potential among many.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 hours ago, Oxford said:

Spot on having worked there the pull would be tremendous as it would for the audience once their capabilities became known. I think one of the problems has been Offiah being regarded as a freak of nature rather than one potential among many.

Some of these lads are naturally big guys.  Well muscled, big bone structure.  Not sure what the cost would be to set a pathway up with a pro club in the UK.  If there’s brass at the end of it I’m sure they’d have a go.

I am very surprised to see such a serious magazine do this article on Montpellier. Julien Lasserre has a very bad reputation especially in Montpellier, a club in which he had brought foreign players without knowing how to pay them. View of France, this project seems very dark, with funding totally unknown and the main question is that of the support of the municipality (in France nothing can be done without them) and especially the question of the stadium in a city where competition is very very strong.

It is probably for these reasons that this team will only start in DN1 championship and that the federation also seems not very optimistic.

It's a shame that this magazine is only interested in France for such an uncertain project and that the cover of the championship of France Elite 1 which is of a good level is also light.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

• John Drake changed the title to Rugby League World - Feedback
  • John Drake unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
On 02/08/2019 at 11:02, fcl said:

I am very surprised to see such a serious magazine do this article on Montpellier. Julien Lasserre has a very bad reputation especially in Montpellier, a club in which he had brought foreign players without knowing how to pay them. View of France, this project seems very dark, with funding totally unknown and the main question is that of the support of the municipality (in France nothing can be done without them) and especially the question of the stadium in a city where competition is very very strong.

It is probably for these reasons that this team will only start in DN1 championship and that the federation also seems not very optimistic.

It's a shame that this magazine is only interested in France for such an uncertain project and that the cover of the championship of France Elite 1 which is of a good level is also light.

I was right ... you have fallen into the trap of a crook. (you are not alone!)

Second game withdrawal

we should know more in a while ...
a lot of lies etc
it's going to be a real soap opera that risks getting fat in front of the judges

22 hours ago, fcl said:

Second game withdrawal

we should know more in a while ...
a lot of lies etc
it's going to be a real soap opera that risks getting fat in front of the judges

Disappointing, I couldn’t wait to see them play Valencia in the GF final. 

Archived